Chapter 9

I can't stop thinking about last night... only if came home sooner, or never even agreed too go too that barbecue. It's my fault, because if I wasn't so stupid, than Lindsey might still be alive, or I'd be dead instead of her.

Sheriff Swan, he seems fine, and understanding. Apparently he said that years ago he'd seen this before. Swan said it would of had to of been human if it is the same thing.

Lindsey was my family. I'm lost, and I can't believe this. I am going to be sent back too Los Angeles, and I'll be living with another foster family.
I know that living with another foster family won't be the same.

"Dr. Cullen, Mrs. Cullen, how may I help you both?" An officer asks as I notice the eldest Cullen's walking into the station.

Carlisle is the first one to speak which talks me by surprise. "May we have a word with Sheriff Swan?"
The female officer nods. She leads them away down the hall.

"Anna?" I hear Nessies voice. Why is she here? "I-I heard about your mom." Nessie says softly as she sits down next to me. "I'm really sorry, I know that this must be a difficult time. I just wanted too make sure you know I'm here for you." Her words surprisingly comforts me a little.

I'm not a touchie or feely person. Ness makes me feel comforted though. "Thank you... I appreciate it, really... I mean it."

When Dr. and Mrs. Cullen come back, they look awfully nervous. I'd be a loss of words if they were too actually take me in, even for the time being.
Yeah right! They wouldn't, because the Cullen house is full of teenagers. The last thing the Cullen's need, is me.

"Anna, w-would you like too stay with us?" Dr. Cullen asks, which takes me by surprise. All I can do is give him an unsure look. "We would love to give you a home, a family... if it doesn't work out, will we can worry about that later." Dr. Cullen finishes. Ness looks at Dr. Cullen, with an uneasy facial expression.

"Okay..." I shyly answer. I'm not the biggest fan of the Cullen's, but that's only because they make no sense. After everything that happened, I'll need a home. "Thanks. My... my house is a crime scene. Would they let me grab my things?" I ask.

"Yes, sheriff Swan said he will meet us there." Mrs. Cullen responds kindly. "Anna... I am so, sorry." She frowns.
"You really don't deserve too loose someone like that." I only nod, and give a sad smile.

I just agreed too live with the Ness, and her family. Indefinitely by the sounds of things.
We are heading back to my home, and Ness has offered to help me pack. I don't need much of what I have.