[p21] you hate (but secretly love) each other

grayson:

"y/n!!! hey girl," ethan yells as you walk inside his house.

"hey eth," you hug him. you glance over at the couch where grayson sat. he had on grey nike sweatpants,  and his hair was still a little messy, as if he had just woke up. his eyes are glued to the tv and his hands are tightly grasping his thighs. 

"hey gray," i said trying to be polite. he ignored me. i swear he hates me for no reason.

"lets go downstairs," ethan said. i smiled and nodded and we walked down to the basement.

as we walked past grayson, i became really insecure. i looked over at him and we made eye contact when i rolled my eyes to look ahead of me. hes such a dick.

ethan and i were hanging out downstairs, when the basement door opened. i heard someone coming down the stairs. i looked over and saw grayson.

"hey eth?"

"yeah bro?"

"mom called, shes not gonna be here for another few hours"

"alright, thanks gray."

he turned and walked back up stars, ethan spoke up, "hey y/n lets go watch a movie."

"like with grayson?"

"yeah, you guys never hang out, so lets get yall closer!"

"no thanks, sorry eth"

"sorry y/n," he said and he walked over to me. he picked me up, throwing me over his shoulders.

"ETHAN PUT ME DOWN!!" i yelled , kicking my feet.

he wouldnt put me down. he walked us upstairs and to the living room, where grayson was.

"what are you doing? did you kill her?" grayson laughed.

"nah, she refused daddy," he said, slapping my butt.

"ETHAN WHAT THE FUCK PUT ME DOWN!" he threw me on the couch, right beside grayson.

"listen to daddy next time," he winked.

"fuck you ethan, youre not my daddy." i laughed

"sure, okay.. im gonna get some snacks." he said walking into the kitchen.

the room was filled with an awkward silence.

i scooted over, moving away from grayson, "can i ask you something?"

he looked over at me, "what?" 

"why do you hate me so much?"

his jaw clenched, "what do you mean?"

"like, you never talk to me when im here, you never say hey to me when i say it to you, youre just always rude to be honest, and if you have a problem with me, thats fine, its just ive never done anything to you, so i dont underst-"

he cut me off by pressing his lips to mine, passionately. my body filled with fireworks.

ive always wanted to do that.

"o-oh i didnt mean to intrude," i heard ethan say, laughing.

i giggled in the kiss, pulling away. i looked over and he wiggled his eyebrows at me, walking back into the kitchen.

"ive always wanted to do that," grayson said, lacing his fingers with mine.

"me too, gray"

ethan:

"if you hate me that goddamn much then why do you sit by me all the time. like if you genuinely hated me, you would avoid me."

he rolled his eyes, as we kept walking home.

"ethan, answer me!"

"for fucks sake, y/n. just do us all a favor and shut the hell up! please!" he yelled at me.

tears filled my eyes. the love of my life hates me.

"i-im sorry." i walked across the street to my house and he walked to his.

at around 3am i recieved a text from ethan.

'meet me at the park, please'

i slipped out of bed, grabbed my shoes and snuck out of the house.

i arrived at the park and ethan was on a swing. i walked up to him and said, "what do you want ethan?"

"i wanted to do this," he stood up and grabbed my face, kissing me.

i pulled away in shock, "e-ethan?"

"listen, please. i wanted to say im sorry for being a dick to you all the time. i never knew how to confess my feelings to you and i got aggravated with myself and i was always mean to you. im so sorry y/n. i love you. i really do. and if youre mad at me, or hate me, i understand just-"

"ethan i dont hate you at all. i love you."

he smiled, "then will you be my girlfriend?"

"yes eth. i will"