Upon Arrival Back At Camelot, After The Battle

Merlin P.O.V:
Despite being confident that I had performed the spell correctly, Gaius gave Lord Clotpole an examination, to ensure I'd cast it right, when we arrived at Camelot once more.
Once satisfied that I had done a good job on the spell, Arthur was allowed to return to his chambers.
I, however, was still shell-shocked from having to kill Mordred. For a while after the battle, I had attempted to write a letter. I wrote it on some spare parchment, explaining exactly what had happened and sent it to the high druids. I sent it with a raven, telling it to fly with the utmost haste.
Then, I had nothing to do, so I lay on my bed, in my chamber, not sleeping, and trying not to think about what I'd done.
Gaius must have been able to tell that something dreadful had happened, as he made my favourite meal for supper. We ate in silence that night.

Arthur P.O.V:
Gaius gave me a checkup once we arrived back at Camelot. Then he sent me to the royal chambers. I was glad that he didn't ask Merlin to escort me, as I had something that I wished to ponder privately.
When I reached my chambers, I pushed open the door with a sigh. I  stepped inside the chambers and ran to my bed. I fell onto my bed as soon as I was close enough. I lay on my stomach on my bed for a while, then remembered what I needed to think about.
I pulled myself up off the bed, walked to the door and shut the door to my chambers. "Right," I started, speaking to myself. "So, Merlin has magic and used it to save my life, on the battlefield."
I trudged back to my bed and sat down on the edge of it. "What am I going to do about Merlin's magic?"

(Approximately midnight)
Merlin P.O.V:
I was laying on my bed, still unable to sleep. I had, at one point, tried to read more of my spell-book but the words were swimming around the page. I couldn't concentrate on anything. So I just lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Then there was a knock on my chamber's door.
I sighed and stood from my bed. I didn't even bother hiding my book, I just left it on the bedside table. I walked to the door and opened it.
Outside my door, Arthur was stood, waiting. He'd knocked so loudly that Gaius was coming out from where he slept, as I opened the door. "I suppose that you have come to apprehend me, your majesty," I sighed, not taking into account that he was the only one there, and wasn't wearing his armour. I held my wrists out towards him, close together, so that he could shackle them.
Arthur chuckled and shook his head. "No, Dollophead, I've come to thank you. Lancelot has explained how many times - that he knows of - that you have saved Camelot."
It was at this point that I realised that his hands were behind his back. Gaius, who was stood behind Arthur, had a wide-eyed, shocked expression on his face. I lowered my wrists.
"Umm, you're welcome, I guess," I stuttered in reply, not used to Arthur using manners with me.
Arthur waved me off. "Lancelot and I started wondering what would be the perfect gift to you, in return for all of your help. Lancelot suggested that I make magic lawful. I was going to do that anyway, after the times when Gaius healed both of us with magic..."
I looked to Gaius, who was blushing profusely.
"... And Dragoon, who - despite being disrespectful to me - has saved people I care about many times..." I laughed under my breath. "... Is something funny, Merlin?" he asked, when he saw me laughing.
"Yes. You just complimented my magic," I replied, grinning. Arthur looked at me, confused. Then he realised that I must've used magic to make myself look old. He laughed too, when he realised this.
"But anyway," he said, eventually. "I had already been planning to do that, so we thought, how about making you Court Warlock?"