Chapter 26: Be Proud of Yourself

June 22, 2015

"Wake up!" Morgan yelled and shook me awake. This trip I was rooming with Moe. The rooms were all switched up again.

"Five more." I said and covered my head with my pillow. The day after Nigeria we recovered in the morning and then left for Edmonton in the afternoon. We arrived just in time to watch the last few group stage matches. We found out that we were going to play Colombia in the first round.  The next few days were training days with optional lifting sessions. It was busy and exhausting.

After five minutes on the dot, Morgan started shoving me again. "Okay, okay. I'm up." I rolled out of bed and changed into a pair of leggings and a tank. I threw on a pair of flip flops and called out to Morgan. She had already left. It was her turn for coffee. I think she decided on Coffee Bureau.

I went to Julie's room and texted her. I didn't want to wake, Hope I think. I think J was rooming with Hope.

me : come on let's go

J🔥🍍☕️: chill

A few second later the door opened revealing Hope.

"What are you doing up?" I asked. She brushed past me and shut the door. "You know she can still get out." I said. She still just stood there quiet. "Okay, you can speak dufus."

"Does she hate me?" Hope finally lets out with a worried expression.

"Who? J? No! Why would she?" I asked.

"She acts like it."

"Hope. Lighten up. You're intimidating. Go easy on her. She admires you." I said.

Then Julie opened the door and walked out. "Oh, sorry Hope. I didn't mean to wake you." She said.

"It's all good. Have fun." She said and smiled.

We left Hope and walked down to the lobby. Morgan was waiting with three coffees in hand.

"About time. They were getting cold." She said.

"Shut it Moe." I said and took mine.

"Dude. It's real. This is so fun. I am so excited." J said.

"I second that." I said.

"Agreed." Morgan added.

We were there until breakfast. We were going straight into the team room. I started to walk behind the duo when I heard, "Hey Li. Wait up."

I turned around. It was a Lauren Holiday. "Hey Chens." I said.

"How are you?" She asked.

"I'm good. But I know you didn't call me over to ask me how I was."

"What can't a good friend ask how her friend is doing?" She asked.

"Yes. But I know you better than that. What is your real question?" I asked back.

"It's not a question. I just wanted to say that you kicked butt last game and I can't wait to see how this one goes for you."

"Thank you Lauren. I appreciate it. I'm just trying to do all I can to glorify Him." I said.

"I know. And I think you're doing a pretty good job."

"Come on. I'm starving."

We went into the team room. We were one of the last few there. Alex and Ashlyn were the last to walk in. I grabbed a plate and then sat beside Kelley.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey. I miss you."

"Kel, I saw you yesterday. You were the last person I saw yesterday."