Chapter 12: Shopping

Draco

"Draco," someone whispered. "Draco."

"Hmm?"

"I can't sleep," Hermione whispered.

I moved over and opened my eyes.

"Come here," I muttered.

She slid under the covers and into my arms. I pupped her close by her waist. She cuddled up to me so I closed my eyes.

~*~*~

"Draco, wake up," Hermione said, poking my cheek. "You're gonna be late."

I rolled over and pulled the blanket over my head. She poked me so I grunted.

"You're so stubborn. Get up, or else," she threatened.

"Or else what?"

"Or... I'll poke you," she stated, poking my side.

I pulled the blanket off and poked her side. She instantly curled up.

"No!"

I smirked and pocked her again. She laughed and swatted my hand away.

"Your ticklish?" I asked with a smirk.

"Most people are," she replied.

I trapped her wrists in my hands.

"Well Hermione, I say you let me sleep or else," I smirked.

"Or else what?" She snapped.

"Or I'll-"

I started thickling her sides. She laughed and squirmed.

"P...please......stop.....it tickles!" She begged between laughs.

I stopped but didn't release her.

"You gonna let me sleep?" I asked

"You need to work!" She exclaimed.

I started tickling her again until her face was red and she was gasping for air. I rolled over and closed my eyes.

She jumped on me, knocking the air put of my lungs.

"Time for work," she stated, grabbing my hand and dragging me out of bed.

"I don't want to work!" I complained.

She laughed and drug me to the closet.

"Hurry up! You're already late!"

I sighed and charmed on an outfit.

"Be ready to leave when I get home. I'm taking you somewhere tonight but I want to leave first thing," I told her.

She nodded.

"See you in a few hours," I sighed.

She pecked my lips just before I apparated.

~*~*~

I won the case. I mentally cursed myself as Dolohov was freed of all charges. Now that psychopath will be set free.

I went strait home. Hermione was fast asleep on the bed. She was dressed but her hair was a mess. She looked exhausted with the dark rings under her eyes. She really hadn't slept much last night.

I dropped my case lightly on the floor and changed into more casual clothes. I crawled next to her on the bed. She shifted a bit but stayed asleep. I gently poked her stomach; it didn't feel any different.

"Draco?" She mumbled.

"Hermione."

She opened her eyes.

"Oh! We were gonna leave," she yawned, sitting up.

She looked so tired.

"You should rest," I stated, pushing her back down.

"But we were going out tonight," she uttered.

"We can go tomorrow, you look exausted," I told her, lying down again.

"I got fired today," she muttered, snuggling close to me.

"Mmm."

"I was," she yawned, "gone too much."

"Mmm."

I waved my wand and turned off the light. I pulled Hermione close by her waist.

~*~*~

The next evening when I got home from work, Hermione was ready to go. She was wearing casual clothes and her hair was up. I knew how hard it must have been to find casual clothes in my mother's clothing. I planned to fix that tonight.

I changed into simple clothes and pulled her close.

"Where we going?" She asked.

"It's a surprise," I muttered, kissing her cheek.

I held her tight before I apparated.

We came to a clothing store.

"Draco," Hermione said hesitantly.

"Yes?" I asked, a grin on my face.

I knew she didn't like shopping but she needed clothes.

"Why are we here?"

"To get you new clothes, why else?" I laughed, grabbing her hand and dragging her in.

I had her sized and such before we roamed around. I made her try on tons of outfits and show me each one. I kept handing her piles of clothes through the door to the dressing room.

She'd already tried on half the store before she went silent. I knocked on the door.

"Hermione?" I asked.

When I didn't get a reply, I started to worry.

"Hermione, open the door!" I ordered.

Silence. I drew my wand and made sure no one was watching.

"Aholomora," I muttered.

The lock clicked so I walked in. Hermione was fast asleep in the dressing room. Her face was pressed to a mirror and she was in her original clothes. I gathered all the clothes that fit her and put them in a shopping cart. I then picked Hermione up, bridal style and took the clothes to the front. I gave them an address and paid for delivery.

I quickly went outside and apparated.

She snuggled up to me as I carried her to the bed. I carefully laid down with her and covered her with the blanket. She whispered my name in her sleep before I passed out.