Chapter 17: Rose

Blaise

Draco's been freaking out. I had to get him from the ministry because he was threatening the aurors on the case.

He was completely panicked, pacing back and forth in my room.

"Mate, calm-"

"I Will Not Calm Down!" He roared. "SHE'S IN PAIN!"

He fell to the floor, pulling his hair. He'd already told me he's part Veela, and how he can feel her pain.

"I'LL KILL THEM ALL!" He screamed.

I've never seen Draco like this. He was completely insane.

"I NEED TO FIND HER!"

I knelt in front if him and grabbed his shoulders.

"Get a hold of yourself!" I yelled at him.

He looked up at me with pitch black eyes and let a loud growl escape his lips. I instantly jumped back.

"My baby will die, Blaise. Lucius will kill my baby and hurt my Hermione," he whimpered.

He looked so... Broken. A few tears slipped from his obsidian eyes.

"Draco..."

"Help me find her?" He begged. "Please, help me find her."

Hermione

After Narcissa had healed me, Lucius came in and took Harry. I could hear him begging for mercy and Lucius' laughs.

I lay alone on the cold floor. My blood was still all over the place and my stomach hurt like mad. I could feel the baby kicking harder and harder.

I used my arms as a pillow, and I passed out.

One day later...

I woke suddenly to sharp, ripping pains below by stomach. I whimpered in pain and hoped it wasn't the baby already.

I thought I had three months to prepare for having a baby.

The baby kept kicking and punching the inside of my stomach. I quickly looked around the cell and spotted Harry, fast asleep. Another shooting pain rang from my stomach so I started counting.

"One, two, three...... One sixty three.... Two thirty four."

I felt the pain again. Three hours and some change.

My heart sank when the door opened. Narcissa walked in with a pained expression.

My breathing was labored and my stomach hurt like mad, and she knew it.

"Is it happening already?!" She gasped.

I had nothing but a weak nod in reply.

"There's nothing I can do... As I am bound to what Lucius says, but I will warn you. It was dreadful with five pain relief potions and lying on a comfy bed. It's going to hurt, and you're going to be uncomfortable."

She left without another word.

~*~*~

Harry was so panicked when I woke him saying it was time. I could already feel the baby trying to get out. It was torture. Harry tried to deliver the baby safely, but he'd never had any medical experience.

~*~*~

It was an entire hour of extreme pain before I was holding my baby. She was a beautiful baby... Except one thing: she was sick.

I lay completely bare on the floor with my baby in my arms. Harry looked exhausted too, and I didn't blame him as he just delivered a baby.

My baby didn't cry when she was born. She's breathing, but she doesn't move much. Draco and I hadn't discussed a name yet, but I was the one who gave birth to her, so I wanted her to have a name. I thought for a moment.

"Rose," I whispered.

It was a bit of an ironic game considering how pale she was. I, ever so gently, pulled on my pants and used my shirt to warm the baby.

Before I knew anything, my shoulders started to shake and tears flowed down my cheeks.

Draco wasn't here when the baby was born.

Draco- Earlier

The pain I felt was unimaginable. No, it wasn't physical this time. I knew exactly what was happening, and I couldn't be there. Hermione was in labour.

Blaise was freaking out already. I was sitting completely still oh his bed, unmoving. The only movement from me was the fast, uneasy rising of my chest.

"I need to find her," I whispered. "Before my child gets hurt."

~*~*~

I knew the second the baby was born because I could suddenly smell Hermione. It was a common Veela trait to be able to track their mates, and mine finally kicked in.

Hermione

The door suddenly slammed open, so Harry jumped in front of me protectively. Lucius, Narcissa, and Bellatrix all strolled in. I held the baby to my chest.

"And my first grandchild was born," Lucius grinned evily.

He flicked his wand sending Harry crashing into a wall, falling unconscious. Bellatrix approached and reached out expectant hands.

"Come on, give me the child," she ordered.

"No."

The look on her face turned livid. She grabbed a knife and held the point about five inches below my belly button.

"Give me the child," she growled.

"No."

She pushed the knife in. Narcissa and Lucius started yelling at her but I couldn't hear the words. The pain was so intense. I still refused to release Rose.

Narcissa was suddenly in front of me, muttering healing spells. My blood was all over my legs.

Lucius pulled Bellatrix from the cell as Narcissa tried to heal the wound.

Bellatrix suddenly ran into the room and pointed her want at me.

"Crucio!" She shouted.

But the pain didn't come. I hadn't been protecting the baby well enough. The baby let out her first cry before she ceased moving.

"No... No... No!" I shouted, trying to wake Rose.

I checked for a pulse on my one hour old baby. A sob escaped my lips when I found nothing.

"Hermione!" Draco yelled, appearing in the doorway.

Best cliffhanger ever. I don't think I've been able to pull off a better one. You guys hate me yet? Any tips on my story? Well... Have fun with this cliffhanger... I'll update any day... I'm just deciding when. *laughs evilly*