The Photo

There was a photo of a little girl standing in front of an old house. The picture laid comfortably on the street corner. A man walked by and saw the picture of the child and picked it up. He of course didn't know the girl but he decided to take it home to bring to the police in the morning. Perhaps the girl was kidnapped? The man wasn't sure. That night was anything but a normal one. His house creeped and moaned. Noises sounded throughout the halls. Voices whispered and the cold wind blew through every room. The man paid no mind to all the strangeness and proceeded to get prepared to sleep. As he got all snug in bed, he heard footsteps in the hall. A tingle went down his spine. Then the door knob rattled. His hands began to shake. The door slowly opened. The man's vision went black. The next day a teenage girl walked down the same street as the man. On the street's corner she saw what seemed to be a picture. In the photo, there was a little girl standing in front of an old house.

And a grown man standing next to her. The girl did not know these people of course. It was late and she had to get home soon so she took the picture and continued down the street. Maybe she could go to the police to identify the persons in the morning.