Christmas Shopping

Waking up the next morning, you snuggled tighter into Jensen's arms. It was something you were becoming very accustomed to, and you loved the way his chest cradled your head, his arms holding you tight to him. How his legs tangled with yours, not minding the fact that your toes usually were cold when you climbed into bed.

It was easy to see how deeply you had fallen for this man in such a short amount of time. Of course there had been all the stress and drama when you had first met, and that could have upped your emotions. But there was something real about your relationship with him, and you couldn't have imagined falling for anyone better.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked gruffly, still trying to wake up.

"How lucky I was your convention was held in my hotel." You admitted. "And how much I'm falling in love with you."

"I was the lucky one." He argued. "I can't believe how boring life was before you came crashing into me, almost knocking me to the ground."

Slapping his chest, you sat up, wrapping your arms around your knees. "So what are our plans for today? Didn't you say something about parents?" The thought made you nervous. It would be so easy for them to hate you, especially since your relationship with Jensen seemed rushed.

He placed a hand on your back, rubbing soothing circles. "Yes. Dinner with my parents. But don't worry, they already know about you and are super excited to meet you. Mom's been dying for me to bring home a girl."

"So, it didn't matter who, just as long as you brought some girl home?" You teased him, raising your eyebrow at him. Just like you had hoped, it flustered him, and he tried to find the right words to say.

"No, it's not... Y/N, you know I love you." He stumbled, and you leaned over, pressing your lips to his cheek. 

"Shh, it's okay. I'm just teasing." You told him. "But seriously? Is that all we have planned today?"

As he slid out of bed, you watched the way his muscles bunched under his thin t-shirt, silently wishing he slept without it. "Nope. I've kind of put off my Christmas shopping, and was hoping you would go with me. Usually I would ask Jared, but I'd rather go with you."

Wincing at the thought of braving the no doubt crowded shopping centers, you put on a brave face. "Okay. As long as we have a drink afterwards." 

"Deal." He answered. "Now, I'm going to climb in the shower. Want to wash my back?"

The water ran cold by the time the two of you were clean and ready to climb out of the shower. Letting him grab two towels, he wrapped one around you, being so careful it was cute. "How about I go make some breakfast, then we can get an early start?" He suggested, pulling on a pair of boxers and jeans before heading down the stairs, leaving you alone in his spacious master bathroom. 

Taking a moment for yourself, you couldn't believe how much your life had changed. Here you were, in a bathroom the size of your old room, staying in a house that was almost fancier than your hotel you had worked at. You had a handsome, kind man who was crazy about you, and you were about ready to start your dream job. Everything was going on so smoothly, you wanted to pinch yourself. To make sure this wasn't some sort of dream, and soon you would find yourself waking up, working for that ass once again. 

Changing into a slim pair of jeans and a warm sweater, you quickly braided your hair, adding a touch of makeup before heading down the stairs. You could hear Jensen humming in the kitchen. Even humming his voice was amazing, and for a moment you leaned against the wall, just enjoying the scene in front of you. With a towel slung over his shoulder, he was busy whisking some eggs as bacon sizzled on the stove behind him. "There you are!" He exclaimed, shaking you out of your staring haze. "I've got orange juice, and coffee. Sit down and breakfast will be ready shortly."

As soon as you sat down, there was a knock on the door, before the sound of it opening. Glancing at Jensen, he didn't seem affected at all. Soon you heard footsteps through the hallway before two little bodies came rushing in. "Uncle Jensen!" They exclaimed. Both boys ran at Jensen and he had just enough time to set the bowl down before he was almost tackled by the toddlers.

Jared came slowly strolling in, a beanie covering his hair, and a contented smile on his face. "Sorry. We waited as long as we could, but they couldn't wait to see their Uncle Jensen."

You watched with a wistful look on your face as Jensen hugged and ruffled the hair of both boys. "It's no problem. We're just getting ready to head out and brave the crowds."

Snagging a cup of coffee, Jared sat down next to you. "Jensen waited until the last minute again?"

Nodding, you went around, letting both of the men play with the boys as you took over cooking the rest of the breakfast. Soon the four of you were sitting down, Jared's sons enjoying some eggs along with the orange juice. Sitting next to Jensen, you couldn't believe how domestic this seemed, something you had no history of. It made you feel awkward, but excited at the same time for your future.

It was about an hour later that Jared finally pulled his boys away, with promises of visiting on Christmas Eve. You and Jensen weren't far behind them, heading to the mall, hoping you were beating the rush. "I still need my parents and my sister. Jared and his family are already taken care of, along with my brother and his family. Along with something for you." He mentally counted on his fingers.

"You don't have to get me anything!" You argued, but he just gave you a look begging you to argue. After driving around for ten minutes, he finally found a parking spot. Wrapping his arm around your waist, he kept you close to his side as you tried to navigate the busy aisles. 

Jensen was a fast shopper, knowing exactly what he wanted, and where to go to get it. With a baseball cap on his head, he kept a low profile. It was when he was looking at beautiful watches for his mom that you tapped on his shoulder. "Jen, I'm gonna go look at a couple of things. Meet back at the big clock in an hour?"

Nodding, he pressed a kiss to your cheek. "Be careful. It's crazy out there. I've got my phone if you need me to come rescue you."

Assuring him you would be fine, you headed out of that store, wandering around aimlessly as you tried to think about what to get him. It was true you had already gotten him the bracelet that he wore everyday now, but you didn't want him to not have a present to open Christmas morning.

During your search, you ended up finding gifts for Jared and his family, along with a small token for your Jensen's parents. It wasn't until your hour was almost over that you came upon a small shop, not very busy but with intriguing looking items. Stepping inside, you wandered the aisles, looking for something, anything that he might like. Almost giving up hope, you turned the corner, seeing a necklace on the counter. Stepping up to it, you saw the small bronze medallion hanging on a thin chain. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" The man behind the counter said, coming over to help you. "The medallion is said to be over a hundred years old, brought over from Greece. It is meant as a protection piece. Whoever wears it will feel the protection and love from whoever gave it to them."

Knowing he might be lying to you, you were still interested in it, and the story behind it. Making a hasty decision, you bought it, glad to see that a small pamphlet came with it, explaining the history behind it. It would give you some sort of relief when you couldn't travel with him.

Making it to the clock five minutes late, you weren't surprised to see Jensen already there, turning in a circle, about ready to pull his phone out and call you. "Thank god. I thought one of these rabid shoppers had trampled you." He teased, wrapping his arm around your shoulders. "I see you did a little shopping."

"Yeah. Something for Jared and his family, along with something for your parents." You explained as you made your way back to the car.

"You didn't have to get them anything. But they will love you even more for it. Now, shall we head over to their place?" He asked you, and you nodded nervously, still not sure you were ready to meet them.