Hospital Time

It wasn't the bright florescent light overhead, or the constant beeping sound behind your head. Neither was it the feeling of being disjointed, or fuzzy from the pain killers. It was the sound of Jensen's voice, talking softly next to your ear as you lay there in the hospital bed that woke you up from your medicine induced sleep.

With your eyes still closed, you took a moment. Just trying to get past the fuzz your brain was currently covered in. As you lay there, you could hear Jensen talking, and you listened. "Y/N, they said you should be waking up anytime now. I can't wait to see those e/c eyes staring my way once again. Seeing you pinned in the car, and then pushed down that hallway away from me was the scariest moment of my life. It made me realize that I don't want to live a single day without you. You mean the world to me. Please, just be okay."

Fluttering your eyes, you slowly were able to open your eyes, blinking at the bright lights overhead. "Y/N!" Jensen exclaimed, and it was then you could feel his hand holding yours, along with the throbbing pain in your body.

"Hey there." You whispered, your throat dry.

"You had me worried for a while." He said, just as the door opened and Jared came rushing inside the room.

"I got here as soon as I could!" He exclaimed, heading over to where Jensen sat. Placing a comforting hand on his shoulder, he glanced down at you. "How are you sweetheart?"

"Groggy. And sore." You mumbled, just as the doctor came in.

"There she is!" The doctor boomed, making your already pounding head sore. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I was trampled by elephants." You answered, hearing Jared chuckle as Jensen squeezed your hand comfortingly.

"That's to be expected. You're due for some more pain medication soon. But first, let's check you out. You were actually pretty lucky. Just a broken leg, some minor contusions, and a slight concussion. It could have been much worse." The doctor explained. "Your leg was broken in two places, but we were able to reset it, and it should heal up quite nicely."

"So, when can I go home?" You asked, the first question that came to your mind. But then you remembered, your home was a new place. One you had never been, and you would have to leave on a plane, and they might not allow that right away.

"I've talked to your boyfriend, and he was explaining your schedule. I do not suggest going on a plane for at least a week, maybe two. I would like you down here. If everything goes well, you should be able to go home tomorrow morning."

After a couple more minutes of checking you over, the doctor left the room, and you turned to look at Jensen. "What are we going to do? We are supposed to be flying back to Vancouver tomorrow? I'm starting my new job on Monday!"

Squeezing your hand, Jensen glanced back at Jared. "We've talked about that. The doctor doesn't want you to leave town for a while, and at least you have a place to stay here. And you have choices. You can stay in our house, but you would be alone. Or Gen has offered you her guest room, so she can be there if you need her help."

"I don't want to intrude. Gen has to take care of the kids, and I..." You started arguing, but Jared stopped you.

"You don't have to make a decision yet. But Gen doesn't mind. She likes you, and doesn't want you to have to go through this alone."

"I wish I could stay here with you. But filming doesn't stop for anything." Jensen apologized. "I hate having to leave you like this, but I've already tried postponing, and they wouldn't let me."

"Jensen, I understand. But I do really think I would like to stay in the house by myself." You insisted, before yawning. Just then the nurse came in, a small paper cup in her hands.

"Time to take your pain pills." She said cheerfully, handing it to you. Tossing the pills back, you took a sip of water, watching as she eyed both Jensen and Jared.

"I hate to do this. I'm on the job, and I know you're here for your friend. But do you mind if I get a picture? I'm a huge fan!" She exclaimed.

With a smile pasted on his face, Jensen stood up, and you watched with heavy lidded eyes as the two men took a picture with her. As they handed her phone back, your eyes slowly closed, and you didn't see Jensen coming back to sit down next to you.

__________________________________

The next morning, you waited impatiently for your discharge papers. Jensen was supposed to be there any moment to say goodbye before catching his plane. Gen was going to drive you home, making sure you were okay before leaving.

With the crutches under your arms, you practiced moving back and forth in the small room. It was hard going at first, and you kept bumping your leg, wincing in pain each time it happened.

"It takes time. But you'll figure it out." Jensen said as he stood in the doorway. He was dressed in his normal airport attire, a leather jacket, t-shirt, and cap. He looked amazing, even with the slight cut covering his cheek.

"I hate them already. And the cast." You grumbled, ready to be out of the blasted place and moving up to Vancouver with Jensen where you belong.

"They will help you move around. And you'll be up with me before you know it." He assured you, coming forward, and wrapping his arms around you, holding you up and off the crutches.

"I hate being down here. I was so excited for the fresh start up there, and now it's not happening yet." You muttered, still grumpy.

"It will happen. Give it a week, maybe two, and then you will be up in Canada with me. Starting your new job, and soon you'll be so busy you'll forget about me. But for now, you get to relax, and sit by the pool."

"That will be a great tan line. And I could never forget about you." You answered, tilting your head up so you could press your lips against his. "But I'm going to miss you. So freaking much."

"I'll call you. Each day. You'll be sick of my voice." He teased, just as the nurse came in.

"Miss Y/L/N, it's time to get you on your way." She explained, just as Jensen let you go. With one last kiss, he left the room, leaving you to the nurse as he made his way to the airport, and to Vancouver. Taking a part of your heart with him.