Christmas Morning

"I'm sorry about my parents." Jensen apologized as he drove down the darkened highway. You were cuddled in the passenger seat, letting the heater blow over you. With wine in your system, you were drowsy, ready to fall asleep.

"Jensen, they were sweet. I loved them." You told him before yawning. 

"I just hated how my Dad had to be so pushy." He grumbled, and you reached over, squeezing his hand.

"Jensen, it's okay. I understand. They just want you to be happy." You told him, before leaning your head against the window. As the car sped past, you closed your eyes, the rhythm of the car rocking you to sleep.

When the motion changed from a gentle rocking to more of a jarring motion, you felt yourself waking up. Still groggy, you looked up into a pair of gentle green eyes. "Sorry I woke you." He whispered as he stepped up the stairs heading to your room. "You were so peaceful, I thought I'd carry you up to bed."

"But I'm too heavy. And there's stairs." You argued half heartedly. Truthfully, you didn't mind. There was nothing better than being in Jensen's strong arms. Hearing his heart beating next to your ear, your pillow his firm chest. 

"Shh. You're not heavy." He told you as he pushed open the bedroom door. Sitting you down on the bed, he bent down, pulling off your shoes. Yawning, you pulled off your shirt, reaching over and grabbing your sleep shirt you had left there that morning. Slipping it on, you raised your hips, letting Jensen pull off your pants. "Lay down." He ordered, and you did. Slipping out of his clothes, he slid in behind you, pulling you tight to his chest before pulling up the covers. 

"Sleep tight." He told you, pressing a kiss to your forehead. 

"Night. Love you Jensen." You told him.

_______________________________________

"Y/N, wake up." Jensen said softly, gently shaking your shoulder.

"Nope." You muttered, pulling the blanket tighter up around your shoulders. "I just went to sleep."

Chuckling softly, Jensen tried to pull the blanket from you, but you had a tight grip on it. "Y/N, it's already 8:00.  We're supposed to be having breakfast with Jared and his family in half an hour."

"Fine." You muttered, sitting up and brushing the hair back from your face. 

"Merry Christmas sweetheart." He told you. "Get ready, and I'll get coffee for you." Yawning, you stood up, heading into the bathroom. 

Fifteen minutes later you were dressed and heading down the stairs. Jensen stood at the stairs, a small box in his hands along with a travel mug. Taking the mug from him, you glanced curiously at the box in his hands. "Thought you might like to see that I bought you a present. But you don't get to open it yet. We don't have time."

"Tease." You muttered, watching as he sat the box back down under the tree. You had your present for him under there as well. Reaching down, you grabbed the presents you had bought for Jared and his family while Jensen did the same.

"Ready to play Santa?" He asked, and you nodded. Walking the short distance to the Padalecki house, you couldn't believe how warm it was for Christmas Day. Where you had worked it had been cold, and full of snow. Here, you were fine wearing a sweater. 

You didn't even have to knock on the door. Throwing it open, Jared stepped out, a huge smile on his face. "I was wondering if you guys were ever going to make it." He exclaimed, taking the presents from you before wrapping his other arm around your shoulders. "The kids are so excited!"

"Y/N didn't want to get out of bed." Jensen explained. "We were at my parents pretty late last night."

"How did that go?" He asked as you stepped inside his house. You could smell that breakfast was already cooking, and leaving Jensen and Jared behind, you went in search of Gen.

"There you are!" She exclaimed as she saw you rounding the corner. "The boys are in the living room playing, but breakfast is almost ready."

There was enough food to feed an army. Pancakes and waffles. Eggs and sausage and bacon. All placed on the table already, along with pitchers of juice and coffee. "It looks so good." You told her. "How did Christmas morning go?"

"It went well." She answered. "Both boys were up around six, and all presents were opened by seven. They've been playing quietly ever since."

"Sounds like fun." You told her, wondering if you would ever have the chance to have a morning like that.

"It was. And now it's going to be even more fun with you and Jensen here. It will be a nice, relaxing Christmas." She agreed, just as Jensen and Jared came in, each one carrying a giggling boy.

"Merry Christmas kiddos." You told them, giving each boy a kiss. "After breakfast you can open my presents."

"Yay!" They exclaimed as they were placed at the table. Sitting down next to Jensen, you had Shep off to your left. Helping him get food on his plate, you laughed as he got syrup all over his face. Taking a bite of bacon, you turned to face Jensen, seeing him staring at you with a weird expression on his face. 

"Everything okay?" You asked him quietly, watching as his gaze shifted. 

"Yeah, everything's great." He said, his voice thick. 

The rest of breakfast went smoothly, as you laughed at the antics of both boys. You caught yourself staring multiple times at Gen and Jared, caught up in how in love the two of them seemed. The stolen glances, the brushes of the hands. You could tell they were completely in love, and you hoped that someday someone would think that of you and Jensen.

As the plates cleared, Gen stood up. "Alright boys. It's bath time before you open anymore presents." 

As they groaned, you stood up. "I've got dish duty."

As both Jared and Gen took their boys up the stairs, you began clearing the table, scraping the plates. Jensen started helping you, coming up and wrapping his arms around your waist as you began washing the dishes. "This mornings been nice so far." He whispered, pressing a kiss to your cheek.

"It really has." You agreed. "Jared and Gen have such a wonderful family."

"They do. Talking about families. You ever consider having one?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah, I have considered it. Seeing this. The family moments, especially during Christmas reminds me how much I want that. You?" You admitted.

"I do too." He answered, before grabbing the towel and helping you with the rest of the dishes.