XXXII

Annabeth~

     I woke up with a start on Percy's cot, with his arms wrapped around me.

     He was still there.

     Last night I'd had a dream that Athena had taken Percy, Bobby, and Matthew away, with nothing I could do about it. I'd been forced to watch as Cyclopes whipped and abused them, mainly Percy, making them cry out in agony. But I couldn't move from where I stood, I was rooted to the ground.

     But he was still there.

     I looked up and him, and saw his jet black hair plastered to his face, mouth slightly open and dripping drool.

      I smiled, remembering the first time I had met him. You drool in your sleep, I had said.

     I brushed the hair off of his forehead, and a small smile crept onto his lips, and his eyes slowly opened. "Hey, Annabeth," he said groggily. He pushed himself into a sitting position, successfully this time, and hugged me lightly. He must have seen the worry on my face, because he said, "Really, I'm fine Wise Girl. I'll be alright."

     He glanced over to the small table beside the cot, seeing the wadded up paper that I hadn't picked up from the bathroom in cabin 3. He looked back up at me, sadness in his eyes. "I'm sorry I tried to... you know. You were my reason to stay." Tears welled up in my eyes, and I reached over for the paper. Percy didn't stop me. Scrawled in shaky handwriting, the note said:

I'm sorry I'm leaving. My reason to stay is gone. Whoever finds this, tell my Wise Girl I still love her. See you in Elysium.

      Best wishes, Percy Jackson.