Chapter 5: A study in pink and awkward moments

Hey guys! sorry for not updating sooner, but I made this chapter long. Also this chapter is dedicated to my bff Larua aka Brittany (inside joke) because after reading this chapter she'll probably fangirl. If you haven't seen her fangirl before, just look at the gif on the side and imagine Sheldon as a girl. you'll get pretty close.

Also wattpad on my phone is being weird so if you leave a comment on one of my books I may not respond right away, sorry.

"Good night Cassie." I said to the little sleeping blond angel, snuggled up in a pink my little piny blanket.

Cassie's, aka Jake's little sister, room was mostly full of pink trinkets and posters of Disney princess. The normal 5 years old stuff. It was really cute.

I closed the door, making sure I heard the click, before I walked towards the large couch in the living room and switched on the television. Apparently the people in thus house ether liked nick, or were into really old shows because Full House appeared.

I was in the middle of Michelle talking about her stolen pink bike, when my phone stared ringing and guess what name appeared?

Jake.

"Hello." I said with annoyance obvious in my voice.

"Hey, Wave. Listen... are you listening?" He replied. Great he was drunk.

"Yes?"

"Can-can you pick me up? I-I'm at Al's par-tay, and I'm drunk."

"Couldn't have guessed." I replied, turning off my phone, while grabbing a pair of keys of a hook and heading to the garage. How is his mother okay with him leaving a 5 year old alone while he gets drunk?

Setting the alarm, I rushed towards the car, probably his mom's or dad's, and left their house. Good thing I knew where Al's house was, and also the fact that his house was 7 minutes away.

Before you knew it I arrived at Al's house and locked the car while I searched for Jake in the huddled masses of horny, drunk teenagers.

A ke$ha song was blasting through the speakers while I tired to ask possibly sober people if they had seen Jake. After a while a girl directed me towards the kitchen where I found Jake making out with a random blonde. I walked towards them and then grabbed Jake's ear pulling him towards the exit if the building and hoping he doesn't puke on me.

Throwing him in the car, and buckling his seat belt in for him like a toddler, I started the car and drove towards his house.

"Hey wave?" He replied with his eyes closed while his head was against the window.

"Waverley, and what?" I asked huffing out air in the process.

"Sorry for that." He said while yawning and continued to be quite.

He should be flippin' sorry. The deal was I would watch his sister not be his baby sitter. Only because I'm a good person did I even get him. I could've have just left him there until tomorrow. But I didn't

After arriving at the house, I woke up Jake. And helped him while in the process he kept commenting on random things until I opened the door to his room.

His room had white walls and a dark blue bed spread, which I laid him down in While throwing a random cover over him so he wouldn't get could. Then all of a sudden I heard a sentence that froze me.

"You smell nice." Jake mumbled before throwing up, you guessed it, pink vomit.

Lots of pink today.

+++

i woke up with a possible candy wrapper stuck on my face. Apparently I've woken up a lot earlier than usual because I could feel any sun light on me as I looked towards the window in the living room covered in purple drapes. Getting off the couch I slept on I grabbed the drapes back and saw that the sun started rising. Good thing it was Sunday today, or I would've been in trouble in school, and the dad would...

DAD!

Oh no! I didn't come home last night. What is dad going to think? He'll probably think I spent the night at Jamie's. I could call Jamie and ask her if she could lie to my dad, but then again she'll probably just cave in due to impossible need to tell the truth. In divergent she would defiantly be a candor*.

"What are you doing here?" Asked a voice. I turned around to see that Jake had changed his old shirt to a clean white one and his pants gave changed to a grey pair of sweat pants.

His hair was messy from sleep, and the bags under his showed he had a headache.

Well he was hungover, Waverley

"I guess I feel asleep on your couch." I told him with a shrug as I grabbed my possessions so I could leave.

Wallet: check. Keys: check. Phone: not check.

I searched frantically to find my baby. Under the couch, table, chairs, and etc. but I just couldn't find it.

"What are you looking for?" Asked Jake again.

"Looking for my phone." I said while still looking for my phone.

"I'll help." He said with a yawn and moved towards the couch to help me look.

After 7 minutes, I was about to give up until I found something that made me scream. Right in front of me I saw a spider, my arch nemesis.

I squealed and jumped backwards, making my glasses fall and me landing, thankfully, in Jake's arms where I couldn't get a concussion from hitting my head.

I was breathing hard from me jumping back from my greatest fear to remember I was still in jake's arms. I was possibly shaking and I looked into Jake's eyes.

"Kill it. Kill it!" I screamed.

Jake grabbed a magazine from the side table and rolled it. He then walked carefully towards the spider to start laughing. I looked at him to see if he was going crazy but he just kept laughing and then picked up the spider making me squeal.

"Calm down. It's a fake spider." He said handing me the rubber spider. "It should have been obvious. It's freaking pink."

Oh great. Pink.

"You guys are obsessed with the color pink." I say trying to get my breath back to normal, before I picked up my black glasses.

"My god. It's amazing how I like you." I heard Jake mumble while walking to the kitchen.

What?!

"What?" I ask

"Nothing." He replied before pulling out a carton of milk.

* the candor in divergent is like a group, just like dauntless, that believe that the reason for corruption is lies and that you must tell the truth. It's kinda confusing.

(Remember to Vote, Comment, and Follow. I love you)