11: Ideal Type

"Be a good boy and listen to Iseul noona, okay? Don't cause her any trouble."

Nari gently brushed through her son's hair as they looked at one another's reflection in the mirror. He brightly grinned and nodded. A week had passed since Iseul had offered to babysit him. When the two of them hung out the next day, it was a huge breath of relief for Nari when Iseul told her that she still wanted to be his nanny. The fact that she could now go back to work filled her with excitement that she hadn't felt in a while.

"I will be on my best behaviour!"

"Good! That's what I like to hear," she chuckled.

The doorbell rang and Jun gasped knowing that it was Iseul. He turned around to look up at his mother and she gestured him to go. He didn't wait for a second breath before rushing out of the room, his Pororo backpack jumping up and down on his back. He unlocked the front door and pulled it open.

"Ready to go?" she asked him.

"I'm all ready!" he exclaimed, extending his arms on either side of his body. 

Iseul noticed his mother walking towards them. Despite her protruding stomach, she looked smart and professional in her dark suit and sleek up-do.

"You two can go ahead to wherever you are heading. I'm leaving in about half an hour," she told them.

They bid each other goodbye before Iseul and Jun went to the lift.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"To me and my friends favourite restaurant. Their food is bomb," she let out a happy sigh, already being able to taste the food in her mouth.

 Both of her friends were excited to meet the little boy, especially Eunbi who was sure to be by his side 24/7 from the moment she sees him.  

Once they were outside, she led the way through her usual route to Happy Horse. They passed the neighbourhood park where children laughing and screaming could be heard. Jun was facing towards the playground as he walked.

"We can go to the park after we eat," she suggested, guessing that he wanted to go there.

"Yes!" he pumped his little fist in the air, causing her to laugh.

They crossed the road and she led the way up the ramp in front of the restaurant's entrance. It was one of the rare restaurants in the street that was easily accessible for people like her because every other shops only had little steps which very much frustrated her.

She turned around to look at Jun who was giggling behind.

"What's so funny?" she asked, a puzzled look on her face.

He looked up at the signs and then back down at her, another giggle left his lips.

"My dad and uncle Hobi owns the restaurant."

Iseul cocked an eyebrow in disbelief causing him to laugh at her dumbfounded expression. 

"Why am I even surprised?" she thought, "He probably has enough money to buy all the shops on this street."

A couple walked out of the shop and one of them held the door open, Iseul thanked them as she and Jun entered. A waitress greeted her as usual before continuing to wipe the tables. Iseul went to the same location where they always sat.

"You guys! Guess what?" she called out to them, interrupting their conversation.

Eunbi and Sora both waved at Jun, who shyly returned the greeting with his usual polite bow.