Chapter Ten

Arianna Miccio

I went home at a decent time and locked myself in my bedroom racking my brain of what I need to do. I paced the room so jittery from the feeling of fear. I closed the curtains to my window, tripped on my laptop's charger that lay across the carpet. I quickly caught myself on the dresser and settled myself. This was probably the least save space for me, if he knew my number the higher the chance that he knew my home. I knocked on Emma's door seeing if she'd be down to go out somewhere for dinner or just anywhere out.

"Come on Emma I feel so confined! Let her if we can grab a few people for dinner," I whined tucking her out of bed as she clung to her headboard as best she could, chanting the mantra No.

"You have to cook! It's not fair!" she exclaimed.

"Fine, I'll cook and we'll go out?"

"Fine. I want Gavin, I haven't seen him since we went to dinner this weekend." She met up with him on her own time determined to see what they could be.

"I'll call the others too then." If I played my cards right, she would do what I wanted her to.

"No, it's Thursday... you know we'll end up completely wasted. They are so good at peer pressure! Even if you don't want that!" We both settled on her bed for a more civilized conversation.

"Then it'll be you, me, and Krissy at some chill lounge with some good music?" I waved my hands in the air like there was a picture of how our evening would be.

"No, b*tch didn't even call me back about our road trip to Canada next weekend," she sighed. "Why won't you come?" she pestered.

"I already have plans to fly back home. We'll talk to her about it tonight." I said firmly urging her to message her.

I cooked plain old frozen ravioli with red sauce, screwed the meat and veggies for the night. Krissy picked us up zooming down to the piano bar that we visited so often. We parked the car in the garage a block away, it was when we got closer to the entrance we noticed a huge line. A rising local singer was performing today. I was surprised by the number of people waiting to get in. We were debating whether to go in there or not. There was no way we would get in here.

Krissy took to her phone, probably Victor messaging her again. We had pulled the phone away from her earlier for texting and driving. "Let's try Zenth? I heard it was a great place," she said. Both shrugged, not caring about where we went as long as it was chill. We walked back towards our car and past the garage to the club. It was a Thursday and a decent amount of people were still there, showing their IDs to get in.

"Why are there this many people?" I asked the bouncer who was busy scanning my ID to make sure it was real.

"Celebrities in town." He pointed to the placard that stood behind him. I saw some TV show celebs and a really cool DJ I had seen at Lux a few times. We agreed to not get wasted and proceeded in. The beats were on point, the club in the perfect stage of full. We managed to grab a booth near the dance floor and ordered our drinks. There was a tap on my shoulder and I froze up turning slowly, don't be him. It was only Gavin. My nerves were still acting up from earlier. I needed a stronger drink. I let him into our booth throwing daggers at Emma. She smiled coyly.

"Where's the rest of the gang?" he asked, referring to the people Emma hadn't invited. She gave a lame excuse that they were checking out a different spot. I let Emma out who grabbed Gavin to take him to the dance floor. Krissy still sat in the booth messaging someone. I waited for the drunk girl to come around so I could order up some tequila. I downed the shots as soon as it arrived and pulled Krissy to the dance floor. I was finally having a good time, brief thoughts bubbled up from the earlier phone scare but I was determined to relax and let it go.