Chapter One: Devil Troll

A/N: Salutations  (o.o)/

Aaaah yes this is a new work -Only Sky- I'm having difficulty with Tainted Rose so I'm leaving it for now as there are two other works (including this one) that I have in mind for the moment...So this is the first chappie :3

All right reserved yadda yadda will strategically reorganise your organs into a one-man marching band instrument that you will personally wear if I find this reproduced in any shape or form without my permission

Other than that

Please enjoy and tell me what you think :)

as always, it's unedited...bad english skills

---------------------------------------------------------- 

This is the nth-teenth time that I've had to witness this scene play. Hunter charging off from the scene of Max doing the nasty with some new flavour of the week in plain sight. They all looked the same. Over-tanned, slutted-up and have a real nasty personality that I could not ever use the term bitch to define them. Bitches are dogs and dogs are loyal. This was just an overripe oompa loompa with bright blonde hair and make-up plastered on as if someone shot them in the face with a paint-gun. I swear her tongue was forked as it snaked in his mouth. I kinda wanted to hurl as they groped each other on the footpath.

Sighing, I turned tail back up the path that lead to the library. It was an odd circular sort of building that was overgrown with vines and a water feature that surrounded it like a moat, completely covered in water lilies. Going around the outside, across the manicured lawns, I headed for the back where the aircon vents were hidden. And low and behold there was Hunter. He had curled himself up into a ball, hugging onto his bag so tightly that his knuckles were bone white on his already pale skin.

"Leave me alone," his sobbing voice was heart-wrenching and it pierce my core.

I walked to stand beside him, pulling my satchel bag from my shoulder before sliding to the ground, "Dude, if you wanted to be left alone, you need to find better hiding spots."

"Shut up Yatesy," he snapped.

Ah so he's not in the mood for my good-natured humour. Indeed my surname is Yates. Hence the nickname 'Yatesy'. I guess I'll leave him to marinate in his puddle of depression for a bit. He'll talk when he wants to. For now, I'll watch over the poor guy to make sure he doesn't attempt to do anything stupid. Again.

Ah he found out about being gay when he was ten. But as he got older he couldn't accept it so easily. His family are religious and serious homophobes. They found out when he was fourteen and tried to reform him. But it didn't work out so well. Evidence clearly pointing to the fading scars along his wrists. But because of that, it made them back-off a bit…to the extent you'd call it ignoring his presence entirely. Kinda sucks. But with the help of my mum and the guidance officer he's able to stand on his own two feet again. Now part two of the problem. Max Tyler. The three of us were the three musketeers from kindergarten right through to our final year in high school the year. Always in the same classes and always stuck together. We were nigh inseparable…until Max discovered that frightful beast called 'women' or more specifically, sex. And that's what worries me. He seems to be going through woman left, right and centre more quickly as of late. He has many many fuck buddies that understand his rules but he seems to be acquiring more lately. I'm beginning to think that he's getting bored of those of the female persuasion.

"I promised myself I wouldn't let it get to me this time. I've seen it millions of times, you'd think I'd be used to it by now!" his mumbling cut through my thoughts like a knife.