Chapter 15

Picture of Emilia's dress for her date at the side!

---------------------------------------------

I would like to thank my friend, Rishika, who helped me enormously with this chapter...

Thanks babe! :)

----------------------------------------------

"We should have given it another chance; I always knew that I could get you to scream the loudest you ever have." - Alexander

----------------------------------------------

Stepping foot in his mansion, Christopher changed into his Nike sweatpants and headed towards his home gym with just a towel in hand. Never having dealt with all these intense emotions, he just wanted to banish Emilia from his thoughts.

He'd been running non-stop on the treadmill for the past hour, frustrated with himself. Christopher tried to think of something apart from Emilia.. anything.. important business deals, irritating clingy exes, holidays spent abroad and even playing around in his backyard with a Labrador named Coco...

But, it looked like Emilia had burrowed her way deep in his heart with no plans to come out, ever. Because when he thought of business deals, he could see Emilia sitting next to him.. when he thought of clingy exes trying to get back with him, he could feel Emilia's envious hard glare on them.. the vacations he imagined, he wanted Emilia to share it with him.. and the dog he was playing with? Well, they weren't the only two present.. there were two other people as well. And who, you ask? One was Emilia, who was sitting in the backyard with a protruded belly, and the other was a 3 year old toddler, with blue eyes and midnight black hair similar to his own, who was running after the dog shouting coco-puff. And the most shocking part? The last thought brought an instant smile on Christopher's face, his chest swelling up with pride.

After his futile attempts of trying not to think about her, Christopher finally gave up on it and instead decided on comprehending the reason behind Emilia's behaviour.. if one cannot ignore their problem, they might as well work on fixing it. He was the owner of a multi-billion dollar company after all, it was in his genes to enjoy the thrill and challenge of solving problems.

'So, what could've gone wrong with Emilia?' Christopher thought. 'One minute she's all loving and funny and the next minute..wham..she does a complete 360 degree flip.' He tried to recall the events since after he met Emilia in San Francisco, after their weekend together in Las Vegas. Christopher recalled Emilia being all charming and impish. He remembered her leaving him the morning after saying she had some work at the office. And the very next day when Emilia had awoken from her unconscious state at the hospital, she was completely cold and distant towards him. Of one thing Christopher was sure, whatever had caused Emilia's change in attitude, was in some way related to something that happened at the office that day.

A sudden remembrance of his today's conversation with Emilia stopped him short.

Christopher could recall Emilia saying something along the lines of him using unorthodox and humbug means in order to buy Kingston & Co. Her being present in the meeting indicated that she was informed about his offer from an outside source... as he himself had forgotten about his proposal, what with being so entangled in Emilia.

A certain cogitation made Christopher freeze on spot. And his gut feeling was telling him that he'd hit the bulls eye with his presumption. He could somewhat guess what Emilia meant by accusing him of using those methods to claim the company.. And he suspected that Emilia believed that he'd gotten together with her in order to buy them out!