Chapter 24

PREVIOUSLY on Undone By His Touch:

David Kingston, Emilia's father, had announced her as the new CEO of Kingston & Co. Upset with her husband's decision; Victoria Kingston summoned him to their manor to talk him out of his decision and pass on his post to their elder daughter, Sydney Kingston, instead.

But, things didn't go as planned. One thing led to another and Victoria owned up to cheating on David years ago, as a result of which Emilia was born.

With no intentions to eavesdrop, Emilia just happened to be at the right place at the right time, and overheard this clandestine conversation. Running away from her reality, the damsel in distress ended up getting sloshed at a random bar.

Christopher Grey, the beau, and Alexander Knight, the best friend, were going berserk searching for their precious girl all over the city.

All thanks to their lucky stars and Josh, a bar patron and another one of Emilia's admirers, an insane-with-worry Christopher found out the whereabouts of his lady *cough* love *cough*. And like the true knight in shining armour of any story, ended up rescuing his queen and whisking her back to their castle.

Meanwhile, her true agenda unbeknownst to anyone, the vamp of this story, Sydney, with the help of her two pawns, Liam Parker, Emilia's ex-fiancé, and Daniel Carter, Emilia's future fiancé (self-declared), plans to take away everything from Emilia... maybe even her life.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Ms. Kingston, this just came in for you." - Matthew

----------------------------------------------------------

Getting out of the shower, Emilia stared at herself in the fogged up en suite mirror; eyes dull and blank with prominent shadows under them, skin paler than usual, nose and cheeks flushed red. All in all, she looked sick and it had nothing to do with the raging headache and mild nausea she was experiencing.

Feeling a set of eyes on her, she turned towards the doorway to find Christopher standing there with a steaming cup of tea in his hand and concern plastered across his face. In three long strides, he was right in front of her, caressing her cheek lightly. Instinctively, Emilia leaned into his touch, her eyes fluttering shut.

Blowing on the brown liquid a couple of times, Christopher raised the cup to Emilia's mouth. "Sip." He commanded softly.

Parting her lips, Emilia took a tentative sip, her now open eyes staring back at Christopher.

Finishing off with the tea, Christopher left silently only to return a minute later. Crouching down before her, he softly voiced out, "Place your hands on my shoulder." With Emilia following through his words numbly, Christopher continued, "Now, lift your right leg up a little." As she did so, Christopher gently put her raised foot through the leg hole of her lace underpants. "Let's do the same with the other, okay?" He prompted and repeated the process.

Pulling up the briefs, Christopher covered her butt. Then, he threaded her one arm through the bra, followed by the other, and expertly fastened the back. Christopher grabbed Emilia around the waist and pulled her against his chest. A couple of moments later, he felt her hugging him back, and sighed in relief.

"Chris..." Emilia's broken voice made Christopher tighten his hold on her.

"Babygirl, we'll get through this together. I'm there for you, okay?" The honesty in his words calmed Emilia to the core, giving her the strength she craved and needed.