3

The gang stood at the front of school, side by side. Tamika and Zack were holding hands, Lawrence was standing with Esme holding her hand, and Summer and Zack on the opposite ends of the line. Summer whispered to herself," He's really leaving." Tamika looked at her and saw the hurt in her eyes. Freddy began to walk forward to the vehicle and then stopped and turned around. "I've made my decision." Freddy says," I'm, not leaving for the project." He makes quick eye contact with Summer. Summer looked down, avoiding Freddy.

Freddy sighed and continued. "I can't leave the people I care about the most." He said and turned towards the vehicle once more. He stood in front of his teacher now. "I can't go. I'll find something else to get me into college." Freddy said. "Fine." The teacher responded," I understand." He knelt down and whispered to Freddy. "Good luck with her." "I'll need lots of it." Freddy said and then watched the vehicle speed off. Just then he was suddenly embraced in a hug with everybody, except Summer.

"Well, me and Zack are off for a skateboard date, so we'll see you guys later." Tamika said as Zack grabbed her hand once more and walked away from the group. "Yeah, me and Esme are going now. We have a boat ride to get to." Lawrence says and walks away too with Esme. All that was left was Summer and Freddy. She walked up to him. "Summer I-" He was interrupted by a hug. "Thank you for not leaving." Summer softly whispered. A/N The project is always a day before Summer Vacation and so the gang don't have anymore school now until next year. Freddy smiled as they stood like that for what felt like forever.
***
Summer woke and up and got out of bed. She took a shower and decided to wear a dress for the day with what she called natural makeup.

 She took a shower and decided to wear a dress for the day with what she called natural makeup

She decided to go over to Tamika's house but texted her first to make sure she was home.

S- Summer
T- Tamika

S- hey

T- hey, whats up?

S- are you at home?

T- yeah why?

S- just checking

S- I'm coming over in 10 minutes

T- kk

S- see you then

Summer ran downstairs and ate a banana before she walked to the front door. "See you later Mom, going over to Tamika's house!" Summer called to her Mom. Summer opened the door to see Freddy about to knock. "Oh, uh Freddy? I didn't expect you to be here." Summer stated.

S- Make that 20 min, I'm talking to Freddy

Summer typed quickly and sent the message. She looked back up at Freddy and said," Come in." She let Freddy come in and they went to the living room. "What're you doing here?" Summer said. "I need to talk to you about us." Freddy answered. Summer's expression changed. "There is no us anymore." She fought her tears back, trying to sound confident. Freddy grabbed Summer's hand. " There isn't. But there can be. Summer, I realized how you felt when I told you I was thinking about leaving again. And I finally know how you felt when I was gone. I want there to be an us, Summer. And I'll always want there to be an us. No matter what. And if that's impossible, then I hope we can at least be friends."

Summer sat there, stunned that Freddy still wanted to be with her even though she's the reason he has to find a different way to get into college. "So, will you be my girlfriend again?" Freddy asked. "..."