7

*Summer*

It was finally spring break. I woke up at 9 AM today and took a shower. After doing that I got dressed.

I decided to FaceTime Tamika to see how she was doing in

I decided to FaceTime Tamika to see how she was doing in... Florida. I quickly unlocked my phone and went to the FaceTime app.

Calling Tamika, I sighed. I suddenly heard a joyful 'hey Sum' so I looked into the screen and saw Tamika's face.

I lit up with excitement. "Tamiks!" I basically screamed. She was sitting at what looked like a desk, and I saw that she was wearing... a skirt?

I guess she noticed because she said," Oh yeah. My Mom's making me wear a skirt. She says I shouldn't be wearing jeans and shorts and only wear dresses and skirts during school." She explained.

I nodded in an understanding way

*Author's POV*

Tamika shook the thought off her head."So," she said," how's the gang going?" She was instant to see how they were feeling right now. Summer shrugged. "I guess it's okay." Tamika looked at her and raised her eyebrows meaning 'what do you mean okay' way.

She sighed at Tamika and walked downstairs of her house with her phone in her left hand. "Well, we've been a bit distant since you left." "What?" Tamika sounded disappointed. She could kinda understand why.

Lawrence and Tamika were like siblings, her and Freddy were cousins, her and Summer had been best friends since before they were born, and Esme might've been a new addition to the group, but they felt as if they were sisters.

"Yeah," Summer said," me and Freddy hang out alot because we're a couple, Zack has stopped coming out of his house and he doesn't call or text or talk to anybody in the group, Lawrence only talks to Freddy, and Esme began to get anger issues and ended up dumping Lawrence, and she doesn't even stay in contact with anyone in the group anymore. She just dresses like a goth and is really mean to everybody, even me and Freddy." Summer heard a soft sigh from Tamika.

"Looks like me leaving made a change on everybody." She answered," Hey Summer?" "Yeah," Summer nodded. "Promise me you and Freddy won't change?" "I promise." "Great. Now, I have an idea." "What?" Summer said, anxiously. "I think there's a way I can come back, but I might be officially back until like 2 or 3 months." Summer smiled," I get what you're saying, but why 2 or 3?" "My Mom and Dad think I should get used to this place before I go off to other places. They think this might be our home forever."

Summer laughed for the first time through the conversation. "That's funny. But I thought I over exaggerate too much." Tamika stayed silent, which caused Summer's facial expression to change. "Wait, that's really your forever home?"Tamika nodded. "Well, until me and V move out of the house." "You will come back to me, right?" Summer asked worriedly. "Of course!" Tamika exclaimed, sounding really reasonable. Just then Summer heard a knock on her front door. "I gotta go, Freddy's here." "Ok," Tamika waved," bye!" "Bye!" Summer ended the FaceTime and sat her phone on the kitchen counter. Running to the door, she yelled," I got it!" After opening the door, Freddy appeared, embracing Summer in a not-too-tight hug. "Hey you," Freddy said, smiling. "Hey you back," Summer sweetly answered back, throwing her arms around his neck.

I hope this chapter was longer than the others! And I also hope you guys can except the whole change in everybody. They will stay like that even when Tamika gets back and I'm gonna hope you guys can wait for the sequel which will be called 'Back Together'. The gang will be 16 in that book when Tamika is trying to bring the gang back together the same way they were before and they'll be 18 a few chapters after we get halfway through the the book. Kisses, Alison.