Chapter 5

The following Monday was Jennifer's first day at work with Nathan. She had been getting along well in the store, doing whatever Nathan asked her to do without hesitation. Since the pair were such good friends they were able to talk whilst they worked, of course at this moment in time Nathan was laughing to himself at the fact he had to get the step ladder in order for Jennifer to reach the top shelves.

"Fuck you." Jennifer tried to say without laughing, stepping up onto the step ladder, throwing her two middle fingers at the blonde.

"Don't worry Blake, all you lost in height, you got back in your tits." Nathan said over his shoulder once he began to walk away.

"Ugh you're such an asshole!" The girl called after him, beginning to stack the CDs as she did so. "You know I don't play that game."

"What game?" Nathan asked from across the room. Luckily the store wasn't that big so they could easily talk to each other from opposite ends of the room.

"The straight game." Jennifer scoffed a laugh.

"Thinking highly of yourself now? I wasn't flirting with you, weirdo." Nathan chuckled. "Hey do you wanna hear a lesbian joke?" He asked hopefully and Jennifer looked over her shoulder with a playful glare.

"Not really... but go for it." Jennifer turned back to the shelf, flipping over the CD case she had in her hand to read the back. "But if it's really offensive I'll personally rip your dick off though." She added like it was the most normal thing to say.

"What do two lesbians do when they're on their period?" He asked and hesitated before continuing to the punchline with a laugh. "Finger paint."

"Aw man, that's so gross." Jennifer turned around and screwed her face up at Nathan who was finding his own joke way too funny. "Period jokes aren't funny never mind lesbian ones." Jennifer stepped down from the step ladder and walked across the room with the now empty box which had contained the CDs, giving Nathan a kick on the way.

"How is the love life anyway?" The blonde asked, finally calming down from his hilarity.

Jennifer bit back a smile as she grabbed another box of CDs.

"That smile says it all." Nathan smirked, stopping Jennifer in her tracks by taking the box off of her. "Who's the girl?" He asked teasingly with a questioning eyebrow.

"I can't say." The girl just stared out of the window, her mind instantly clouding with thoughts of Alex. She still didn't know what she and Alex were but they continued to meet up secretly and spend time together.

"Come on, tell me!" Nathan pushed on, shaking her by the shoulders which she couldn't help but laugh at.

"Fine... but you can't tell anyone because it's a pretty complicated situation." Jennifer pointed her finger warningly at the man before folding her arms across her chest.

"Okay, okay!" He held his hands up in mock surrender.

"Uh well... her name's Alex..." Jennifer hesitated and pressed her hand against her forehead because she knew what she was about to say sounded bad out loud. "Um... she's my English teacher..."

"Woah... that was... unexpected?" Nathan clasped his hands together and furrowed his brows with a smirk.

"In my defence..." Jennifer trailed off, placing her hand on her chest. "I met her before I knew she was my teacher."

"Pretty sure I need to add some Van Halen to the shop's playlist." He teased messing up her hair with his hand as he passed the brunette towards the counter, taking a CD off of one of the stands as he passed by.