Chapter 40

"Why am I even here? I'm not even going." Jennifer groaned, throwing her head back, wincing when she hit it a little too hard on the head rest.

"Jennifer you have to come to prom!" Ally protested from the backseat, Eliza quickly agreeing from beside her.

"I'll be there." Alex shrugged, taking her hand off the gear shift to give Jennifer's leg a reassuring squeeze.

Prom was this coming weekend and the girls needed to pick up their dresses that they had picked out (well apart from Jennifer who kept on insisting she wasn't going) Alex was driving again so she had offered to take the girls, trying to convince her girlfriend go as well since the redhead had been invited by the school to attend.

"I'm not going without a date, that's lame. It's not like I can have you as my date." The short brunette motioned to her girlfriend dramatically.

"I'm still going to be there though." Alex reminded her, laughing at the over dramatic teenager. "Just go with your friends." She shrugged.

"They're couples!" Jennifer protested. Dylan, of course, asked Ally to be his date and Tyler had asked Eliza even though it wasn't her prom, she was his plus one.

"It's your senior prom Jennifer, you have to go." Alex said and the brunette groaned loudly.

"I'm going to be the only one there without a date." Jennifer whined and Alex rolled her eyes.

------------------------------------------------------

Alex dropped the girls off after they had got their dresses (and managed to get Jennifer to get one too) before she headed to Nathan's music store.

"Hey, Alex." The blonde greeted with a smile as the redhead entered the shop.

"Hey." Alex approached the counter that Nathan was standing behind with a smirk on her face. "I need a favour."

"Yeah?" He furrowed his brow.

------------------------------------------------------

"You look beautiful, girls." Caitlin complimented as she took a photo of the three girls stood together in their prom dresses, looking absolutely gorgeous.

John was trying his best not to well up at the sight of his daughter and step daughter looking so grown up and mature.

"Alright boys, get in here." Caitlin glanced at Dylan and Tyler who stood up and joined their dates in the photo which made Jennifer's smile fade away.

"Can we at least wait on Alex?" Jennifer asked. Although the redhead wasn't riding to prom with them (that would have been a little weird for the rest of the school when they arrived) she was still going to come over first.

Speak of the devil, the doorbell suddenly rang and Jennifer was there as quick as her high heels could carry her. "Hey- oh wow..." The teenager trailed off as she took in the sight of her girlfriend, feeling her mouth go dry as she did so. "You're so..."

"You too." Alex winked as her girlfriend struggled to find a word. She stepped inside, pulling the brunette closer to her by the waist, connecting their lips.

"I'm so gonna fuck you tonight." Jennifer whispered with a smirk against her girlfriend's lips.

"Jennifer, who is it?" John called from the living room.

Jennifer slid her hand into Alex's, leading the woman through to the other room. The redhead still limped a little from her leg but other than that she was doing great. "It's my date, but not my date." She chuckled and Alex smiled before she pulled her phone out.