Chapter 13- Oops I did it Again

Tessa's POV

"Maybe we shouldn't go so fast," I suggested as Brent removed his hands from under my shirt and I removed mine from tracing his abs.

"I understand. No problem, I'm so-" he began, however, my urges got the better of me and I greedily kissed him. Brent responded by returning the favor, however, he stopped after 30 seconds.

"Are you sure-" he started but my lips interrupted him yet again and this time he made no move to disrupt. Clothes fell off our bodies one by one as our lips stayed glued together. There was nothing between us no more, not even one piece of clothing. Brent gave me a small lift up on his high neat bed and his elbows held his weight so he would not lay directly on me.

The rest of that night was like what most high school girls would say... magical!

This amazing thing happened last  month and have been going on every Saturday night when Josh took the kids to sleep over at his house.  However, tonight, Brent decided that we should do a simple dinner at my place and hopefully control ourselves.

At the moment, I was making curry. This is Brent's favourite so of course, I made sure that it was perfect.

Perfect.

Brent was perfect.

I wished I met him before Jamie but then at the same time, I wouldn't want that. I wouldn't have had Jay and Jessie and honestly, I loved them too much to ever regret any steps I took in the past that led to their conception.

My right hand stirred the pot slowly and the back of my left palm chased the blonde curls away from my eyes.

I chose a red sleeveless gown since Brent loved it. He was my second priority, after my kids, that is. He makes me more happy than Jamie ever made me. According to the lovely man, I'm the reason why he smiles while he sleeps. He was very adorable and understood me way better than Jamie did.

DING

The doorbell rang loudly and my heart ran out of my chest. A wide toothy grin flashed upon my face and I washed my hands quickly. I practically hopped to the door since I couldn't quite run due to my heels. I made sure that the dining table was set by the turn of my head. My hands passed cautiously over my hair to check that the small curls were still there and didn't get messy. I looked down at my dress and I turned the door handle, ready to crash my lips against Brent's.

Unfortunately, that did not nor could have happened since Brent did not ring the door bell or even arrived yet. Could you guess who was at the door?

Come on, it's so easy.

I'll give you a big hint: my blood boils each time my eyes land upon his demon possessed body.

Ding ding ding!

You are a correct!

It is in fact, James Metcalfe Campbell Bower.

"Where are you off to?" he fired at me boldly.

I scoffed, "I'm sorry, I don't think I owe you any explanation or answer whatsoever."

He rolled his eyes, "The bitch in you came out early."

"I swear to God if you don't get off my goddamn property within the next 5 seconds, I will wrap my hands around your long neck and suffocate you until you die and blood stops running through your veins," I said softly through gritted teeth.

Jamie looked taken back, "What the hell, Tessa?" When I realized what I said and how I said it, I looked taken back as well, I'm sure.

"Sorry," I apologized to him, really meaning it. I sighed, "What do you want?"