Chapter 1: Hide And Seek

Jamie's POV

"Jamie, did you pack for tomorrow?" Matilda yelled since I was in the living room and she was upstairs packing. Tomorrow we'll be leaving for Mexico and Matilda's friends would be tagging along with us.

Yay.

Note the sarcasm.

I just really wanted to spend time with her alone but Layla and Tara had to tag along! It's not that I have a problem with them but three quarter of the time, she'll be with them. Doing their nails and so on while I'll be bored and alone.

"Yes!" I answered my girlfriend, turning back my attention to the television that was currently showing Two and a Half Men. Just then Gideon walked into the room, vacuuming the carpet causing me to not hear the television. He took the remote and turned off the television and then continued as though nothing happened. "Gideon, I was watching that," I grumbled.

"I don't care," he replied dryly but loudly since he had to speak over the noise. "Go help Matilda pack," he rolled his eyes. Yes, Gideon still disliked Matilda even after a year and some months. Some nights when we talk about things, he brings Tessa up in our conversation. I had to admit that I felt guilty not calling her or asking her about my child. She was the one who broke up with me. She didn't even listen to my side of the story but I was jerk when I found out that she was pregnant about 2 years ago. I don't even know how my son or daughter looks and even their name.

Did he/she have my surname?

Did he/she have my type of crystal like blue eyes or Tessa's baby blue?

Even though I still do feel guilty, I'm over Tessa.

Yes, you heard me. Over her.

I'm in love with Matilda. I never thought I would have fallen in love again but it happened. About a year ago, guilt ate me every night before I fell asleep. I used to wonder whether I scarred Tessa's heart again and if she developed her fear again but she didn't. At least that's what I understand from her tweets. She's a different person. It's like she never had a fear and wasn't timid about love but she did. I helped her conquer her fear but then she broke up with me, never giving me the chance to properly explain myself. That was about 2 years ago and it was the past and now everything has changed.

"You look caught up in your thoughts," someone said, disrupting my thoughts. Matilda sat down on my lap and gave me a quick peck on the nose. I just smiled in response. Yes, Matilda knew that I dated Tessa but not about her getting pregnant for me. Not even my parents knew or Samuel only Gideon and Kevin. Of course, it didn't take a degree in Chemistry, Psychology or Biology to realize that we parted and were no longer a couple. The paparazzi left her alone after they found out we broke up some weeks after. She lost some followers on twitter and got a lot of hate but I didn't see any tweets. E news said that when the break up made headlines.

"Babe, are you alright?" she asked, worried.

I shook my head. "Yes," I replied and briefly kissed her.

"Is there something bothering you?" she asked as she pushed back some of hair since it started to cover my eyes.

"No, Mat," I told her and offered a smile.

"Go pack," she said and got off me.

"I packed already," I said. I was practically telling the truth since I only had half of the large suitcase packed.

"James," she narrowed her brown eyes. "Half a suitcase with nothing but underwear, cologne and shorts are not everything." I was just about to respond but at the same time the doorbell rang. I went to the door which was already being opened by Gideon. I looked at who stood by the door before it occurred to me that I was having a sort of meet and greet at a karaoke place. I turned around and dashed up the stairs and grabbed my guitar. I forgot I had that tonight and I didn't even finish pack my suitcase yet. 1...2...3.... Here Matilda comes.