Chapter 29

RECAP:

"Go now, before its too late. GO." She said in her better-do-it voice.

So yeah, I ran out of the house after that. Never mess with a pregnant lady! I quickly got into my car and started the engine. It roared to life and I grinned.

"Greg Hanson get ready cuz I'm gonna rock your world."

_______________________________________________

CHAPTER 29

My heart was beating at the speed of light, I literally couldn't believe that Nicky forgave me so easily. I really thought this was going to be a battle, a battle of life and death. But Nicky really understood me. Just like the bestfriend that she is. She's always been there for me. I'm so glad that this Greg-problem hasn't become a barrier between us. Instead, its bought us closer then ever. We've become stronger then ever. 

We've had our moments. Moments filled with tears, anger, jealousy,love and most importantly friendship. We've been together since forever and I was seriously not going to let a guy come in between us. But this past few months have been hell for me. I seriously couldn't believe that I'd gone through all this shit in just 3 months. 

But whatever, ending it was in MY hands now. It was all up to me. I could either throw a fit and makes things worse or go and make things right with Greg. And at the moment, the latter was the best option. 

Without any doubt, I rushed to Greg's house and knocked at his door. His mother opened the door. 

Her smile warmed my heart and brought back memories that were unforgettable. As kids we'd hang out here all day. Doing absolutely nothing. Sometimes we'd watch a movie and sometimes we'd make the most bizarre things to eat, I really missed him.

"Adi!! What a great surprise to see you! Come in!" Mrs.Hanson smiled at me and hugged me tight.

I smiled back and hugged her back. It was so good to actually hug someone who loved her family unconditionally. Unlike my mother who was always too busy to give any attention to me at all.

"Well, I actually.. Wanted to see Greg , Jessica." 

She sighed. "He's not here Adi.He looked really upset. These past few days have been really hard for him. He's been acting so weird and fighting with us and he hardly comes out of his room. I thought it was teenage hormones but it turns out its worse then that. I'm just so worried." She looked like she was about to cry.

I bit my lip, Guilt filled me. It was all my fault. Surely it wasn't 'teenage hormones' . It's my teenage hormones that led to all this mess.

"Yeah well, Jessica, that's exactly what I'm worried about. I really need to know where his is. I think I can make this right." I muttered. I really felt guilty and I wanted to make things right desperately. 

Jessica smiled at me and held my hands in hers. "You know, Greg really likes you. It's just that he doesn't want to accept it. He's living in denial. And that too since you both were kids. I can see it in his eyes. They way he looks at you, it's real. But the poor boy has been confused since forever. I just wish I could tell you how much I really want you guys to be together. And Addison, I love you like my daughter. I know your mom's always so busy and whenever you came here I treated you as my own daughter. I just wish things would get better." She sighed and her lips lifted to form a really small smile. I guess she felt just as bad as me.

"That's really not the answer to my question." Yeah, I got really impatient now. Every second felt like a minute. I had to fix things before it gets too late. And now is not the time to express feelings. Though what Jessica said really made a big impact on me. I guess it made things crystal clear. But I guess I'm living in denial too.