XVI.

JAKE'S POV

I ended up spending the night yesterday with Enoch snuggled against my chest.

So when I woke up, things hadn't necessarily gone as planned.

The sound of pounding fist broke our peaceful slumber and Enoch was the first to answer.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!"

"Enoch, do you want breakfast?"

"I'll be down soon!" He groaned.

"A-Alright."

Ms. Peregrine's retreating footsteps soothed my thumping heart until the Brun in my arms rolled over to gaze into my eyes.

"Morning, princess..." He smiled at me sleepily.

"You're in no position to call me that." I mumbled and squeezed his hand.

He groaned and shifted underneath the sheets. "I call you what I want."

I wrapped my arm around his waist. "Of course..."

"No." He bumped me with his hip. "Cut it out."

"Okay. Fine." I laughed into the pillows as he sat up and glared down at me.

His eyes softened. "Can you help me get out of this corset, before you doze off?"

I smirked. "If I do, it'll be sensual."

He puffed his cheeks. "Make it quick."

I sat up behind him and pressed my lips against his spine after untying the bow.

I felt his muscles tense up and landed a small nip on his neck. He twitched as I loosened one row.

"You... Know... I dunno if you like gentleness or pain..." I mumbled as I trailed kisses down the red marks on his back. "But I'm pretty sure you like attention..."

"W-What do you mean?"

"I get the same reaction from you when I do this-" I pinched his nipple and earned a hiss of delight. "Compared to when I do this..." I focused on a spot of his neck that caused him to squirm and grinned when I saw a red mark.

"Well they feel the same to me..."

I smiled. "Yeah, but when I-" I turned him to face me while I focused on his last few rows of lacing. "When I look at you... I get the results I want..." My eyes flickered up to meet his endless brown.

"You mean I'm able to ignore your touches easier because you're not watching me?"

"Just a theory." I kissed him on the cheek before gently moving him off of me. "You're all don-"

"The fuck I am." He tackled me back down into the sheets. "You started this and you're finishing it."

I was crimson underneath his glare.

🏃Time Skip 🏃

We sat downstairs at the table for lunch awkwardly.

Olive was grinning deviously and Emma looked pissed. Ms. Peregrine arched a brow but didn't do too much public investigation.

"Can I speak to you too privately?" She glanced at us.

"Yes'm."

We both got up and followed her out into the hall.

"Look. You two are old enough to make your own decisions...but uh....I need you two to at least uh..." She was burning from her own words. "When you two decide to do 'it', please don't do 'it' here..." She nodded.