(1) The Body Remembers What The Mind Forgets

One Shot

Beep

Your eyes slowly open

Beep

You take a shaky breath

Beep

The smell of disinfectant overwhelms you, but you force yourself to ignore it and look around. The walls are white and you can't seem to hear anything except the monitor that's displaying your, now increasing, heart rate.

A nurse rushes in.

"Ms. Y/N, just take deep breaths and relax okay?" she says soothingly

You nod slowly, closing your eyes and passing out once again.
————————————————

You open your eyes; this time someone is sleeping in the chair besides your bed, his head laying on the edge of your mattress. You can't see his face so you try to sit up, pain immediately coursing through your body.

You gasp loudly, for a couple seconds you couldn't breathe, and the man jerks awake. He looks up at you with his eyes wide as if seeing you for the first time; for you, this was the first time.

You stare for a couple more seconds and you open your dry, peeling lips and quietly whisper,

"Who are you?.."

The man's eyes widen further but this time with anguish, you don't understand why though. He stands abruptly, and leaves the room, making you feel like you've said something wrong. Before you could analyze it any further, you black out again.
————————————————

This time you open your eyes and see the man watching you carefully. He stands and hands you a glass of water which you quickly down, now coughing because you drank it too fast. He laughs softly and you raise a brow towards him.

He stops, looks at you tenderly and introduces himself

"I'm Kim Namjoon" he says, watching your face for any reaction.

You don't recognize it so you introduce yourself too, noticing the flash of pain that passes his eyes only momentarily before he brings back his smile.

"So, who are you?" you ask curiously. He breathes in sharply

"Y/N... I... I'm your-" He shakily starts, but he cuts himself off for a second and seems to change his answer "-your close friend"

You don't know why you don't believe him; but who were you to deny otherwise... you couldn't remember anything.

"...What happened to me?" you say, panic rising, wondering why you couldn't remember the man who claimed he was your close friend. You would've recognized him right?...

"You were in an accident... A car accident... You barely got out alive, but I think..." he swallows audibly, "I think you've lost your memories..." he finishes and then asks you what the last thing you remember doing was, before you woke up in the hospital room.

You try to think back, closing your eyes as you concentrate. You were heading to a cafe yesterday, on a beautiful sunday morning. It's July 2015 and you were meeting someone but you couldn't remember who or why... Everything before that was clear and everything after that was fuzzy. You tell him and see his face pale.