(1) 1000 Paper Cranes

One Shot

Namjoon had been particularly more stressed these days as the pressure to become the best leader had slowly been getting to him.

After the endless amount of recognition their group received during the BBMAs together with the countless interviews that followed, he was completely exhausted. They had to not only represent their group to the world, but also Korean music as a whole to the international audience.

Speaking English the entire time was pretty taxing for him, but he recalled all the people and friends he made during that journey with a smile.

And so despite making it look effortless on screen, he was mentally drained.

He couldn't wait to be back home with his friends, family, and the love of his life.

A soft smile appeared across his face as he peered out the window of the airplane, thinking of the woman who he could hold in his arms again. Joon adjusted his headphones and looked down at his phone: only a couple more hours left.

Suddenly he felt someone nudge him and he turned to side.

He was greeted by both Chim and Tae's cheeky smile. "I'll bet all my designer items that you're thinking of one special girl who's name so happens to be Y/N" Tae pointed out while tapping his chin thoughtfully and Chim grins teasingly.

"Isn't that the only person that's on his mind 24/7?" Chim asks with a roll of his eyes, slapping Tae on the head lightly.

Joon narrowed his eyes in mock intimidation. "Yah. You two punks should be bowing at my feet with how much I translated for you ungrateful asses these last couple days" Joon says with a huff while elbowing them both in the stomach.

Of course his half hearted retort was ignored by the two '95-ers who continued to shamelessly tease him.

A couple of minutes later Kook's head suddenly popped out from the seat in front of them.

The three freeze comically, Joon's arms still around Chim's neck in a chokehold, and Tae with his mouth dropped open in surprise as he tried to surreptitiously lower his phone to his lap.

Kook eyed them strangely but sighed with a slight shake of his head before shooting Joon a wide grin. "Hyung!" He chirped up excitedly, making the said man release Chim, who then started gasping for air while Tae patted his back sheepishly.

"왜? (Yeah?)" Joon responded with a questioning look, pretending like he didn't almost just murder his member only seconds ago.

The adorable Maknae leaned over the seat and tossed his phone on Joon's lap, making him raise his brow before picking it up.

He was met with a saved article on...

...Origami?

Joon let out an amused laugh. "꾹...이게 뭐야? (Kook...what is this?)" he asked with a humored look, wondering just when their youngest member started becoming fascinated with the art of folding paper.

Kook shrugged before shooting him a sly grin. "It's not about me, keep reading" he demanded and Joon turned back to the phone inquisitively.

"...According to the Japanese legend, if one has the patience and commitment to fold 1,000 paper cranes he/she will be granted their most desired wish..." Joon mumbled in confusion, making Kook perk up even more.

"Imagine if someone folded those for us!" He exclaimed excitedly and Joon chuckled before handing back the phone.

"Kook c'mon. 1,000 paper cranes? That's pretty much impossible. Nobody has the time nor the persistence to do that. And besides, what would you even wish for?" He pointed out cynically, making Kook pout to himself.