(1) I told you so

One Shot

You groan sickly, sniffling as you pull your blanket closer to your body. Your unwashed hair looks like a birds nest and you were wearing your boyfriend's old shirt that you stole a while back, together with your worn-out cotton shorts. You hadn't eaten properly in the last two days but you couldn't get yourself to leave your bed without feeling like you were going to either cough or sneeze your lungs out, maybe both.

It was at this point you realized that you may have caught the flu. But it was a big maybe, because listen, you NEVER get sick.

*SNEEZE*

"Ugh... I need more tissue... and water... maybe a banana too" you think sluggishly, getting out of your bed and placing your feet in your blue fluffy bunny slippers, a Christmas gift from Kookie. Shuffling towards the kitchen, you grab a new box of tissues and blow your nose unattractively. Reaching for one banana, you fill up a jug of water, taking out two pills and swallowing them, before you lazily walked back to your room.

You think about how you got into this pitiable state and shake your head.

2 DAYS AGO

"JOON COME ON! I NEVER GET SICK! STOP BEING SUCH A SPOILSPORT!" you scream excitedly, waving your arms from the ground floor outside of your apartment. You look up to him on the second floor and see him shake his head unbelievingly.

"Y/N IT'S BLOODY SNOWING, YOU'RE WEARING A PATHETIC EXCUSE OF A JACKET AND YOUR HAIR'S WET! STOP BEING STUPID!" He shouts back, mocking your excited tone.

"WILL YOU TWO SHUT UP?! IT'S 6am IN THE MORNING! SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO SLEEP!" someone screams from another apartment room.

You and Namjoon look at each other sheepishly, so you pull out your phone and point to it. He nods, pulls his out, and then calls you.

"자기야ㅑㅑㅑㅑ 빨리나와용~(Looooove, hurry up and come out)" you say cutely and he just chuckles in response.

"Nice try baby, you know that doesn't work on me" he says back smugly and you see his dimple come up when he smiles.

You stick your tongue out at him playfully.

"Besides, I really don't think this is a good idea, you'll get sick this time for sure..." he says worriedly but you brush it off.

"Really Joonie? Have some faith in me! My immune system is second to none" you say back with a grin and hang up, admiring the first fall of snow around you while Namjoon sighs and goes back to reading in your warm, cozy apartment.

NOW

"Why does Joonie always have to be right..." you think miserably and cough roughly, to the point where it actually hurt your chest.

You shiver, feeling chills all over your body but you knew that it wasn't your room. Feeling exhausted and in pain, you start tearing up, because instead of feeling better, you felt like you were getting worse. You feel dizzy and things start getting a bit out-of-focus; that's when you hear the door to your apartment open.

"Babe?" you hear Joon call out to you. You stand to walk towards him but another wave of lightheadedness strikes, so you wait for him to come to you instead.

He walks into your room and swears when he sees you swaying. Dropping his things, he rushes to you and holds you up gently. You give him a woozy smile "You're right Joonie, I was stupid... go ahead, you can tell me 'I told you so'" you whisper, and a series of coughs strike you afterwards.