Prologue (updated)

Naruto Namikaze stood on top of the Hokage monument. He looked out on the ruins of his once great village. Naruto sighed and ran a hand through his blond hair. Over the years he had come to look so much like his father and by the time he was twenty he looked almost exactly like him. He had even taken to dressing like him with the exception of the cloak. Naruto's was a deep maroon color with black flames along the base while his fathers' was white with orange flames along the base.

Naruto smiled slightly when he sensed someone coming up behind him.

"Well Gaara, what are we going to do?" Naruto asked still looking out over the ruins. Gaara walked up beside Naruto and put a hand on his shoulder.

"We have no choice but to go through with the plan." Gaara said looking over the Leaf Village ruins as well. "We will do the jutsu, it is our last chance to create a better world."

Naruto gave a small laugh and nodded.

"We still need a date. I was thinking the day that I was put on Team 7. To many things could change if we go any earlier than that."

"You really loved them, didn't you?" Gaara asked.

Naruto sighed. "I did, all of them. Early on in my life I didn't understand what it meant to be strong until I had people I called Precious who needed to be protected. I didn't know what it took to be truly strong until I figured out that I needed to protect everyone who could not protect themselves. Does that make any sense?"

Gaara nodded and gave Naruto a sad smile.

"Have you decided your two souls?" Naruto asked.

"Tsunade." Gaara said. "I know she's not from my village but, you know that if things don't play out the way they did last time she'll never come back. I am undecided on the other soul, not one of my siblings, I love them but no. Maybe Shikamaru."

Naruto smiled. "You know that they are both from my village. So if you do that than I would have to put up with them and you wouldn't."

"Yes but there are really no important and influential people from my village that would be a benefit to the plan. No one that could really do something to help anymore than I can myself."

"I suppose."

"So who are your two souls?" Gaara asked knowing that Naruto had two souls but only one would be able to come back.

"Jiraiya and..." Naruto sighed, as much as he wanted his father back there was no body for his soul to come back to. "Just Jiraiya."

"Yeah, I figured as much. What about Kakashi?"

"I love Kakashi as if he were a brother, but... no." said Naruto. "Of course I am going to inform when the time is right. I bet there is something about me that you don't know?"

"What is that?"

"I have a Kekkei Genkai, from my father's side of the family."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it is a very unique Kekkei Genkai. It is called Blutinie Dieb or Bloodline Thief. When I touch someone's skin my body with steal that person's Kekkei Genkai. It is also very selective, my body will only steal one if it won't cause any harm to me."

"That is really impressive. When did it activate?"

"Just after I turned 17, I should have had it by the time I was 10. That is when my father got his. It usually happens by accident. Mine was when I touched Hinata's hand. It was really painful, after that I went straight to Tsunade to see what was happening and she explained it to me."

"Wow."

"Well, we spent a year researching this and now we have to do it ready when you are."

"We are going to need all of the chakra we can get."

"Yeah, good thing I have we have Kurama's chakra."

Naruto and Gaara smiled at each other. They nodded to each other and sat down. They closed their eyes and started to make hand signs.

"Gaara, don't forget to picture the faces of the two you want." Naruto said as he was finishing the last of the two hundred thousand hind signs.

"You too and see you back in time."

This is a story I wrote back in 2010. I have recently gotten back to Naruto Fanfiction. I re-read the chapters and decided to rewrite this story.