The Beginning (Updated)

Naruto had been back in the village for about a week now and the D-Ranked mission were once again starting to get to him. He was once one of the most fear ninja to walk the Earth and now he is once again a dare he say it... A Genin. Tsunade had returned and brought Jiraiya back with her. They were both keeping low profiles; they had not informed the Hokage that she was in town although he had figured it out. Naruto could tell that she was just as worried about the Snake bastard as he was.

So today was just like the last seven. Sasuke trying to beat him without even really showing it and all the D-Ranked mission. After Naruto and his team had finished their missions for the day when Kakashi saw the hawk in the sky informing all the Jonin that the Hokage is calling for them. Kakashi looked up.

"Well it's time for me to go. I have a report to hand in." Kakashi said and then disappeared.

Naruto started to walk away. He didn't even look back when a 'square' rock began to follow him. Naruto led Konohamaru, Moegi, and Udon towards the spot that he had run into Kankuro and Temari. He didn't want to fight with them. It was a bit annoying to have an obviously 'fake' rock follow him around so he was glad that he had arrived at his destination.

"Konohamaru, why are you and your friends following me around?" Naruto asked without even turning around. There was a big explosion and the 'rock' disappeared and Konohamaru and his friends appeared coughing. Naruto sighed.

"I think we used a little too much gun powder you guys." Konohamaru said. They looked up and noticed Naruto had turned around and looked up at him.

"I'm Moegi, the sexiest kunoichi at preschool. Check me out." The only girl of the group said.

"I love algebra, call me Udon."

"And I'm the number one ninja in the village, Konohamaru." Konohamaru said. "And when we're all together..."

"We're the Konohamaru Ninja Squad!" They all said together.

Naruto sighed some things never change.

"What can I do for you three?" Naruto asked knowing that they would want to play ninja.

"You know what you can do for us. Are you busy now?" Moegi asked.

"I have to train so..." Naruto said trying to get out of playing ninja.

"What! But you promised to play ninja with us!" Konohamaru yelled.

"Well, I suppose that I could do that." Naruto said.

"A ninja playing ninja. That is so lame." Sakura said as she walked by in a trance because she was once again turned down by Sasuke.

"Sakura, I would like you to meet Konohamaru and his two friends Moegi and Udon." Naruto introduced her to the Third Hokage's grandson.

"Who's this boss, is she your girlfriend?"

"Not in this lifetime. There is another girl I have my eyes on." Naruto said but it seemed Sakura didn't hear him. She tried to hit Naruto who dodge her fist.

Konohamaru looked at Sakura. "You're a witch and you're ugly too."

Sakura got angry tried to hit him but he ran. He ran and ran until he ran into Kankuro who grabbed him.

"Do you need something?" Kankuro asked. "So, does this hurt punk?" he asked holding Konohamaru up in the air.

"Put him down Kankuro or you know you'll pay for it later." Temari said looking around for Garra.

Naruto walked around the corner and sighed.

"Hey you." Naruto said and Kankuro looked up at him. "Yeah you Sand Ninja, put him down, or else."

"Or else what?" Kankuro asked.

"Or else I'll get very angry" Gaara said as he appeared behind Kankuro. "Hello Naruto, it has been too long."

"I agree." Naruto said as Kankuro put Konohamaru down and he ran over to Naruto.

"Naruto, I believe that you owe me a sparring match." Gaara said. "But I suppose that I can wait for the finals to beat you."

"We'll have to wait and see." Naruto said looking at Gaara. "It's yet to happen."

Garra smiled in agreement before telling his siblings it was time to leave. 

------------------------------------------------

"I have summoned you for a very important purpose. Seeing your fellow Jonin here I'm sure you realize what this is about." The Third Hokage said.

"So soon?" Kakashi asked. "I thought we would have a little more time."

"I take it all of the other lands have been notified about the coming event. I noticed that some of their Genin have already arrived here in the village." Asuma said.

"And when do we start?" Kurenai asked.

"We will begin in one week." The Hokage said.

"That's pretty short notice." Kakashi said.

"Take heed, exactly seven days from today, on the first of July. The Genin will be gathered and tested. Only the very best will be selected as Chunin.