Team Seven(updated)

After lunch, Naruto went back to the classroom and read his book. He knew that he would be waiting at least two hours for Kakashi to get there. Kakashi was always late and he always used these really bad excuses. Naruto put his feet up on the desk and opened his book to read.

Naruto paid no attention to anyone and Shikamaru paid him the most attention ever. Naruto thought that Shikamaru might think that figuring out what was up with him would be too much of a drag for the young Nara, but Shikamaru proved him wrong.

Shikamaru had woken up this morning to find that he was twelve years old again. At first, he thought it was a dream and that he could go back to sleep, that is until his mother came in and told him to get his lazy ass out of bed. Scenarios came and went through his mind. After the dream scenario was proved wrong, he thought maybe time travel, alternative world. Neither seemed likely. When he got to the Academy he looked for Naruto, the blond and he had grown close, they were best friends. Naruto had helped him through his Sensei's death and Shikamaru helped Naruto through Jiriya's death.

Naruto watched as Asuma and Kurenai came and picked up Squads 8 and 10. Naruto smiled at Hinata and the girls face went cherry red as she walked out of the room. Soon it was just Squad 7 as Iruka had left twenty minutes after everyone but Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura were picked up.

An hour later Naruto sensed Kakashi slowly coming down the hall. Naruto who was being ignored by his team mates sent a shadow clone to quickly set the eraser in the door. That happened faster than anything. Then Naruto looked at his team. Sasuke was brooding and Sakura was talking about how great it was to be on a team with Sasuke. Naruto felt the urge to throw up.

And then it happened. Kakashi opened the door and the eraser fell on top of his head. Kakashi looked up at his team. Naruto who was reading a book, Sakura who still bugging Sasuke, and Sasuke who was looking back at Kakashi who was now holding the eraser that fell on his head.

"Hmm. How can I put this? My first impression of this group is ... "

"You're a bunch of idiots." Kakashi said. "Meet me on the roof in two minutes" He said and then disappeared in a swirl of leaves.

Naruto watched as Sakura and Sasuke got up and left the classroom. Naruto stood up and then walked over to the window and latched himself onto the outside wall and walked up it. Naruto beat Sasuke and Sakura and was already sitting down in front of Kakashi when they arrived.

Kakashi looked at Naruto strangely but, Naruto just sat there and brought out a book to read.

When everyone was there and sitting down Kakashi spoke.

"Alright, why don't you introduce yourselves. One at a time."

"Introduce ourselves? What are we supposed to say?" Sakura asked.

"Things you like... Things you hate... Dreams for the future... Hobbies... Things like that." Kakashi said.

"Why don't you start. Tell us about you so we know how to do it." Sakura said.

"Me? I'm Kakashi Hatake. Things I like and things I hate? I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future? I never really thought about it. As for my hobbies. I have lots of hobbies."

Sakura was telling Naruto and Sasuke that she didn't learn anything but his name. Both Naruto and Sasuke ignored her.

"Alright, now it's your turn. You with the pink hair." Kakashi said pointing at Sakura.

"I'm Sakura Haruno! What I like... I mean the person I like is..."giggles. "Uh. My hobby is... uh..." giggles. "My dream for the future is..." giggles and squeals.

"And what do you hate."

"NARUTO!" Sakura yelled.

"I can deal with that." Naruto said calmly surprising everyone present.

"Now you..." Kakashi said pointing at Sasuke.

"My name is Sasuke Uchiha... I hate a lot of things and I don't particularly like anything. What I have is not a dream because I will make it a reality. I'm going to restore my clan and destroy a certain someone."

"Okay, I guess that it is my turn. Now." Naruto said.

Kakashi nodded.

"I am Naruto. I like to read and train. I hate traitors and people who abandon their team mates. My hobbies include reading and training. My dreams for the future... well I want to become better than my father was."

"What are talking about! Naruto, you don't have any parents!" Sakura screamed.

"Everyone has parents and Naruto is going to have a lot of work ahead of him if he wants to be better than his father." Kakashi said in a tone that said for Sakura and Sasuke to mind their own business.

"Okay, that's good. You're each unique and have your own ideas. We'll have our first mission tomorrow." Kakashi said.

"What sort of mission?" Sakura asked.

"It's a task that the four of us will do together." Kakashi said.

"Like what?" Sasuke asked in a tone that said he didn't care even though he did.

"A survival exercise."

"I thought we were supposed to have a real mission, not more practice. We already did this stuff at the academy. That's how we got here." Sakura said.

"This is not like your pervious training." Kakashi said.

"What kind of training is it?" Sasuke said.

Kakashi laughed. Kakashi looked at his three students faces. Sasuke was angry because he was being laughed at and Sakura look utterly confused. Naruto had sighed and brought out his book to read again.

"Of the twenty-seven graduates who just came here only nine will actually be accepted as Genin. The other eighteen will be weed out and sent back to the academy. In other words, this is a make it or break it; pass, fail test and the chance that you'll fail is a least sixty-six percent."

Sakura now looked panicked because if she didn't pass she wouldn't be with Sasuke anymore and Sasuke looked even more pissed because this stupid test could stop him from killing his brother. Naruto again surprised Kakashi, he had brought out a pen from is hip pouch and started to write something on the inside cover of the book.

"I decided whether you pass or fail. Be at training ground 7 at five am and bring your ninja gear." Kakashi said. "That's it you're dismissed... oh and tomorrow you better skip breakfast or you'll vomit."

After Kakashi said that Naruto got up and walked away from two confused team mates and one curious sensei.

Naruto walked down the street towards a tattoo parlor. He was going to get a tattoo.

"How may I help you?" The artist said.

"I would like to get a this tattooed onto my left wrist." Naruto said holding out the book he had written in and pointing to the hand drawn kanji character for 'Oil' the symbol of the Ninja-Toads.

The artist smiled and told Naruto to sit down and hold out his wrist. When the artist was finished, he said that it was 936 ryō. ($100US) Naruto paid the man and went home to get some sleep.