the perfect moment take 2

this IS sleep issues part 2 it just has a different name.

Astrid P.O.V

I stared up at the night sky. it was so very different from the Edge, yet I felt like it was the only thing that was the same. "you okay?" "I'm fine hiccup." hiccup sat down next to me "Really? because it's almost 1 in the morning." "yeah it's just what if they can't get the machine fixed" "they can" "but if they can't then we're stuck here forever" "no we won't and I miss the edge too."  his words tock me by surprise "what are you talking about I don't miss the edge" hiccup gave me a look "attachably your right I miss the ocean air, the morning flights, my own hunt, Fishlegs, Heather, the other dragons, I even miss the twins, Snoutlout, and Dagur no matter how anyone and crazy they are." "I hear you. I feel like we might never see them again" I just simply nod. a silence falls over us.

"do you remember what I told you when we were looking for Stromfly and the other dragons after the lighting storm?" "yes and I also remember someone's stupid portal interrupting a.." I struggle for the word "moment?" hiccup ventures "yes" he gives a weak smile, "I think it's probably time I make that up then" he leaned in. Our lips touched and time seemed to slow down. 

After a moment or two, we pull away from each other. I look him deep in the eyes "you know when Heather first came to live with us she told me life was too short. that I needed to express my feelings and to stop wasting time and" "And what?" "and I think the time is right" "Really?" I nodded hiccup shifted a little closer to me "you know I had been waiting for one of us to say that for a long time" he whispered into my ear I elbowed him lightly "hey" he laughed before we fall into silence and stare up at the night sky. 

I'm guessing we had fallen asleep when I wake up still outside hiccup was asleep next to me. the sun had not yet risen though night was falling. something clattered off the roof and Hiccup awoke. we look up seeing a faint outline of someone on the roof "is that cole?" at the sound of my voice the person on the roof disappeared "I think it was" hiccup said standing up 

Okay, romance is not my strong suit. so sorry if your on of those people that really loves romance and you thought the chapter was missing something.