Chapter One: What the heck?

"Why won't you just leave me the hell alone, Kieran?" My hands were flat against his chest, our bodies' arms-length apart. His dark brown eyes were locked with my light ones. He looked down at me, hands clenched at his sides, teeth gritted. His heartbeat rapidly under my palm and his breath fanned across my cheek.

"I don't know what you're talking about." The muscles in his jaw ticked and he averted his gaze.

"Every time I turn a corner, you're there lurking in the shadows. Every time I blink, your face appears behind my eyelids. When I go to sleep at night, your voice creeps into my head and whispers things into my ears. And you somehow are always the center of my dreams every night. I can't seem to get you out of my head. I barely even know you!" I was frustrated. Frustrated with myself and Kieron. I didn't understand why I couldn't stop thinking about him, and I couldn't comprehend why a guy like Him would want a girl like me. 

When Kieran didn't answer, I continued to rant. "Why don't you just go away? Why are you so obsessed with me for? God, I don't understand you!"

"I can't tell you. Or else-"

"Or else you'll have to kill me?" I half-joked, interrupting him. 

He finally looked down at me. Kieran's gaze was so intense that I forgot to breathe for a second. He gently grabbed my chin, forcing me to look up at him. I focused my stare on his eyes. They were a deep, earthy brown - the color of the earth after torrential rains. But there was something else in them, something glistening. Glistening like an old copper penny being examined in the warmth next to powerful flames that were licking the safety glass door of an old fireplace. They held secrets, the same way a pot holds layers of deep soil- cradling- because it is essential to keep the plant safe. The roots are held in place the same way his dark, liquidy eyes held so tightly onto his secrets.

I craned my neck a little more so I could fully see his eyes. It was hard to when I was a meek five-foot-five and him a towering six-foot-two

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

He roughly let go of my chin, but then rested his burning hot hands over my own that were still currently on his chest. Feeling the contact, I pulled my hands free from his and stepped a few feet away to get some much-needed personal space.

"Try me." I scoffed and crossed my arms over my chest.

Kieron took a tride toward me with dangerous speed. My personal space disappearing when he bent his head to whisper in my ear. As he talked, his lips brushed my ear making me shiver with an unknown feeling. "I'm a Werewolf and you're my mate."

It took me a moment to take this is.

Werewolf? Mate? I've only heard this line in the werewolf books I enjoyed.

This guy was crazy. Did he think that I was that stupid? "Your right, I don't believe you. Now if you excuse me, I have a life to get back to, in the real world. "

I huffed, pushed past him, and shoved open the Artroom door and walked out Into the crisp Autumn afternoon. Hearing footsteps behind me I pulled my coat tighter against my body to block out the chill of the wind and sped up my pace. The footsteps became closer, and then they stopped. Confused, I turned around and walked backward a few steps, only to bump against something hard and warm.

A pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist, before I could fall on my butt. I looked up to see a set of glistening brown eyes. Kieran. I groaned and tried to break free of his iron-like embrace.

"Stop squirming." He growled. Did he just growl? Like an animal? After thirty more seconds of struggling, I got tired and slumped against him.

"Are you done yet?" Kieron said, sounding bored.

I looked down at the ground, admitting my defeat. Tears pricked my eyes, threatening to spill "What do you want from me?"

A cold shiver broke through my body, and I'm pretty sure Kieran felt it too.

He ignored my question spun me around so I was facing him. "Your freezing. Let me take you home." Kieran offered. Well, more like demanded. 

"Don't- just don't touch me ." I pulled away from him, putting distance between us. My arms were out in front of me, telling him to keep away from me. Kieron stopped and sighed with exhaustion. I took this as a sign that he wasn't going to advance on me and put my arms down, making me vulnerable to any future attempts to get near me.

Before I could blink, he was in front of me again. I was so flabergasted by his speed that he used my pause against me and grabbed my shoulders, attempting to take me somewhere. I was having none of that so I shook off the insane thoughts of him being a werewolf because of speed he used to get to me, and used he techniques I learned in self defense classes. I pulled my knee back shoved the hard appendage into his crotch.

Kieran groaned, let go of me, and dropped to his knees clutching his family's jewels. Soft curses spewed from his pained face. Hurting him caused guilt to wrap its icy fingers around my heart and squeeze. But I couldn't afford any more vulnerability and took the opportunity to run away. Before I could even get to my car, which was across the student parking lot, someone's hand clamped down on my elbow and dug there fingers into my sensitive skin. "No! Let me go! I want to go home!" I screamed. I was silently cursing at myself for feeling like exercising this morning and parking so far away today.

"Just come with me and I'll tell you the truth." Kieran pleaded, a desperate look in his eyes.

"I don't want to go anywhere with you!" I screamed. But I found myself regretting saying that because it was a total lie. Ever since freshman year, I've begun to feel something for him. Even though I don't exactly know him, I feel like I have this weird connection to him like he's the one I'm meant to be with. All I wanted right now was for Kieran to just hold me, but I didn't need him knowing that.

A small voice in the back of my head was urging me to stop struggling and give into him, comfort him. But in another part of my brain, an alarm was going off, trying to tell me I'm in danger and to flee the scene immediately. I was stuck between the two.

Do I go with the mysterious voice in my head and the trusting the strange feeling of attraction for him? Or do I listen to my conscience and escape before I end up hurt or worse...?

• • •

A\N

So yea. I fixed it up.  Again. it should sound better now.

If you have any questions I'm here to answer them!

Bye Lovelies, 

- Amber :P <3