Chapter two: What are you?

Before I could make my decision, Kieran pulled out a black case from his front pocket. Seeing the case triggered another set of alarms that go off in my head. This one, in particular, lit up my veins with adrenaline and I put all my energy and strength into breaking free of his hold on my arm. Screaming, I put all 140 pounds of my weight into the escape and pulled. Nothing happened. He wasn't the least bit fazed by my attempt. Adrenaline still running hot, I raised my hand, forming claws with my long nails and started to repeatedly slash my fingers against any flesh I could get ahold of. Red blood peppered his arms, but he didn't seem to notice.

What the hell? Could he not feel my fingernails skinning him to death?

"Just let me go!" I shrieked, voice cracking. Tears burn my eyes, clouding my vision, and making my nose run.

"I'm sorry Abi, but I can't let you get away from me again." Kieron took the small clear syringe with a pink-tinted substance in it, bit off the plastic tip, and held the needle up to the side of my neck. My heart sped up, threatening to rip its self from my chest, and my body was paralyzed with fear.

Without another word from him or me, Kieron stuck the needle gently into my neck and pushed down on the plunger.

***

It took mear seconds for the drug to kick in. I lost control of my body and my knees buckled leaving me to slump into my captor's arms. Tears still streaming down my face, my sight began to get fuzzy. He picked me up, one arm under my knees and the other behind my shoulders. A wave of nausea hit me hard when my head lolled to the side, making me look upside down at the trees and sky. My stomach lurched as they began to fly by when he took off running.

Darkness crept up on me, clouding what I had left of my vision and almost engulfing me. The last thing I heard before the drug dragged me down completely was what I thought was the distinct sound of dogs snarling and growling.

***

The feeling of pressure against my eyes woke me up. A splintering headache welcomed me from my drugged slumber. I tried sitting up but was filed with a spinning sensation of dizziness. I laid back down, letting the dizziness do its thing so It would go away. It vibrated throughout my body, making my fingertips and toes tingle and buzz. Groaning I tried it again. Slowly sitting up, I opened my eyes only to tightly close them. A bright white and yellow light burned my pupils, causing my headache to pulse painfully.

"Alright, let's try this again," I whispered to myself. Bringing my hands up to my eyes, I rubbed circles into them with my fists and opened them slowly. Black spots danced across my vision and I blinked several times. When I could finally see it correctly, I took in my surroundings.

The wall in front of me was the color of lively moss on the bark of a redwood tree. It was decorated with a flat-screen tv and empty white shelves. The other walls were either light-colored wood or bricks. I felt like I was in a cabin with all the wood and brick.

I looked down at the bed I was occupying. White sheets stretched over the king-sized bed and a large, white fluffy duvet lay crumpled at the foot of the bed. White pillows are scattered on the bed and the floor as if they were thrown off in a haste. I put my legs over the bed to get up and realized that it was only 2 feet off the ground.

When I examined the room closer, I saw that there were 3 doors. 3 potential exits. Sighing in frustration, I said quietly, "Okay then. Let's see where these lead me."

I chose the door closest to me. It was a white mahogany door. I opened it and to my surprise, it was the most beautiful bathroom I've ever seen. A see-through shower stood in the corner of the medium-sized ensuite. Its floor was a rough-looking grey and white rocky tile. the bathtub that was connected to the side of the shower was a smooth, white-grey marble. It was so stunning that I wanted to strip right here and now and relax in the tub. The double sink was just as impressive. The white-grey marble countertop, tons of rain-cloud grey drawers, and a single purple orchid in a white vase. And last, the plain white porcelain toilet.