The Start

(Author's Note: I changed the Male lead's name so it's from Perseus to Steel. That's all. Thank you!)

Nyx Amherst M. Fournier

"Damn! Ang traffic!" Reklamo ko. Ba't ba ang traffic dito sa Manila? Nakakainis! Hindi ko talaga gusto ng traffic kasi masi-stress ako then mababawas ang beauty ko. Isa kaya akong Fournier! Meaning, French blood runs in the family. Sosyal, diba?

I turned on my phone. My mom's calling. Sinagot ko agad ang tawag. "Hello, mom?" Ano kayang nangyari ngayon?

"Hi, anak. Where are you?" si mama.

"I'm here on the road and stuck. Traffic kasi ngayon. Why did you call? May problema ba 'dyan?" sagot ko.

"Hm...Wala naman. Just come here in your father's office. May sasabihin kami sayo." she giggled. Weird.

"Oh? Okay, mom. Pupunta 'ko dyan."

Fournier Group Of Companies

Finally, I'm here! Nakakapagod ang traffic. I went inside and greeted the employees of the company. Ano kaya ang sasabihin nina mom at dad? I went inside dad's office and saw mom, dad, and another guy.

Nakatalikod ang lalaki. Sino kaya siya?

"Anak! You're here!" Dad said.

"Hi, dad! Kamusta ang work?" Bati ko.

"Work's fine. Your mother and I have something to say to you." dad smiled while saying it. Both of them are smiling. So weird.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Hijo?" Mom called the guy. The guy turned. His green eyes stared at my hazel eyes. "Darling, meet Architect Steel Nixon H. Ivanov." Dad introduced him.

I was speechless. He looks like a Greek God! His perfectly chiseled jawline, fierce eyes, and I know that underneath that suit is a heavenly body. Both of us looked at each other for a moment until mom cleared her throat.
"Steel, this is our daughter, Nyx Amherst M. Fournier. She is also an architect." Dad said proudly.

"Hi! Nice to meet you!" I greeted.

  "Nice to meet you, too." Ani niya. Grabe wala man lang emosyon na ipinakita.

"Darling, he's going to be your partner for a project in Cebu. I can always count on you, right?" Dad said.

I was a bit shocked. What? Agad agad?

Well, I got no choice, right? "I'm totally okay with this! You can always count on me, dad." I'm totally faking this, dad! I want to be free!

Mom and Dad looked satisfied. At least they're happy that I accepted the offer.

"I'm excited to work with you, Mr. Ivanov." I smiled faintly.

"Me too, Ms. Fournier." He smiled back but his eyes looked sad. I suddenly got curious about it.

What do those sad eyes mean?

I wonder what those really mean.

This is going to be one hell of a ride.