Chapter 4: Athena

"Amherst! Wake up! We're getting late!" He shouted from the living room. Umungol ako dahil sa pagod. "Oo na! Babangon na 'ko!"

I stood up and went directly to the bathroom. Then I wore my business outfit. I immediately went outside and went to the dining room.

"Hija, kain ka muna." Kinuha 'ko ang sliced bread at kinagat ko ito. "Manang! Ito nalang! Late na kami!" I said while the bread was in my mouth. "O sige, Hija." Tumango siya.

I rushed to the living room. I saw Steel sitting on the couch wearing his Armani suit. His legs were in a 4 position. He looked at me intently.

"Tapos ka na?" Tanong niya. I nodded. "Let's go."

We went inside his Porsche. He started the engine then we went off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Estrella Construction

We went inside together.

"Excuse me, where is the conference room?" Tanong ko sa secretary.

"3rd Floor. 2nd Door." She answered while batting her eyelashes at Steel. I rolled my eyes.

We went inside the elevator. "Nervous?" Panimula niya. "Of course not. Why would I be?" I said with full confidence. "Nothing." Nag-kibit balikat siya.

We opened the 2nd door then we saw 4 Engineers sitting and talked about something. Nakita kami ng isang Engineer na nasa mid 30s. "They're here. Welcome." Bungad niya sa amin.

"Hello, I'm Engineer Marco Estrella. It's a pleasure to meet the two of you." He introduced himself.

"He is Engineer Cuestra." He introduced the man wearing glasses. Nasa mid 40s siya. "He is Engineer Martinez." He introduced the man who has facial hair. Mukhang nasa mid 30s din siya. "And she's Engineer Sanchez." Nasa mid 20s siya. He introduced the woman looking at Steel while showing her cleavage to him. Grabe talaga.

"Hello, I'm Architect Ivanov and she's Architect Fournier." Steel introduced the both of us.

"An Ivanov and a Fournier? Wow. Your companies are one of the best companies in the country." Si Engineer Cuestra.

"Are you planning to merge your companies together?" Tanong ni Engineer Martinez.

"We don't know about that. Maybe, in the future." Steel answered.

"Take a seat. We need to discuss about the project." Si Engineer Estrella.

"So, it's a resort?" Tanong ni Engineer Sanchez, looking at him. "Yes. The owner wants to have a resort." I answered.

She rolled her eyes at me. "I'm not talking to you." She scowled.

Naiinip na talaga ako sa babaeng 'to! "I'm sorry, but I'm part of this project. So I can answer any question about this project, understand?" I smiled sarcastically.

Tumahimik nalang siya. I won. Tss, landi pa. Steel looked at me, amused.

Engineer Martinez cleared his throat. "I heard that the owner was an architect but he quitted the job so now, he's a businessman today. He owns multiple resorts and hotels around the world. It's his second time to build a resort here. So what kind of style does the owner want?" He asked.