c h a p t e r f o u r: the party

"so... there is this party next friday..." finn started, though he was aware of my anxiety.

"we're not going." i inturrumpted.- "i'm not getting drunk with those sluts." i remarked, confidence tinted my voice. it was true; you never know what's going on with those parties.

"aw, why not?" finn frowned. really? after i told him about my anxiety?
"oh, come on. i've told you." i rolled my eyes.

"anxiety? screw that! don't worry, i'll be there with you the hole time. i'll be here and you'll be okay." he held both of my hands in his. "please?" he asked softly, letting out a soft sigh.

"fine." i chuckled. "i guess just this one." finn smiled widely, leaning towards me and pecking my cheek. "thanks." he breathed out.

friday🌸

"i'll be ready in 20 minutes." i exclaimed, entering my room. this was my night and nobody is going to ruin it.

i pick out my favorite band/artist's t-shirt and a black zip-up hoodie. i put on some ripped jeans and black converse. my hair was messy, but, fuck beauty, honestly. nobody has the damn time to spend 50 minutes of their boring little shitty lifes just to get ready for 1 fucking night.

i put on a beanie, it was cold outside, even for a mid-spring night.  i got out where finn was also ready, wearing a blue hoodie, black pants and blue converse.

"you don't look too bad, in all honesty." i teased, punching his shoulder playfully. "not too bad yourself, princess." he punched back playfully as well, making me chuckle.

"no, for real. you look pretty." he snickered.- "...pretty good. you look pretty good." he said between chuckles. we both laughed at the reference.

we both left the house, walking towards wherever this party is.
the sky was really pretty. it was a mix between blue, lilac and pink. it was a pleasure to the sight.

"what a waste of a lovely night." i sighed. but, what else could i do? besides, it's with finn. he promised he would hold my hand if needed, which is honestly a lot of what me and my internet friends imagined.

"we're here." i said as we stood in front of a rather big house, and even from here, you could see the neon strobing lights and 'fun' atmosphere that was going on inside. it was insanely crowded, which made me even more nervous.

finn noticed and laced his fingers with mine, stepping a bit forward, "come on." he smiled.

we entered the house, and yep, as i expected; under-age teenagers chugging alcohol, slutty girls trying to flirt with the soccer boys and already drunk preppy kids. fucking great.

just as the door slammed, everyone's head turned at us. i froze in place as all those 60 people stared at us, especially at our laced hands.

selena turned at me, slowly approaching me and kicking me painfully in the stomach with her heels.

"ow!" i winced in pain, letting go of finn's hand and placing both of my hands on my stomach. other kids started approaching me and hitting and kicking me like wild animals.

"you weren't invited." selena spat, kicking me once more. i was now crying on the floor, blood pouring out my nose and knees.

"stop!" finn cried, trying to push the mad kids away from hurting me. what a sweetheart, hm? after about a couple of minutes of him pushing the kids, he succeeded and kneeled among me, placing his arms around my shoulders.

"it's okay. you're okay now." he shushed, attempting to calm me down. what a shame anxiety can't be cured with a drug called finn wolfhard, isn't it?

"let's go." finn helped me up and hugged me tightly. my body still ached horribly, i had scars, kick and punch marks, and even bite marks. we managed to get out.

((15 minute time-skip))

finn didn't lead me home, though. he lead me to a cliff, where under it was a giant forest. it was beautiful, especially with a sky like this.

"there we go." he smiled, sitting besides me. "pretty, hm?" he softly asked, his hand slowly and slyly approaching me.

"yeah." i sadly smiled. tears stained my pink cheeks, not because of makeup, but because of crying.

"i'm sorry. it's all my fault, i should have never offered you it. i should have listened to you." he exhaled sharply. "it's alright. not my first time." i snickered.

"__________?" finn breezely spoke. "yeah?" i replied. "i wanted to give you something." he softly said, pulling out a small silver locket.

"something to remember me by." he sorrowfully grinned. i opened it, on one side there was a photo of finn and on the other side a photo of me.

"thank you." i lied close to him, keeping him in a warm embrace. "you're the best." i smiled onto his shoulder.

maybe living with finn wolfhard isn't as hard as i thought it would be.

---
a/n: this is edgy, oh well. it also has some la la land references bc that's my favorite movie, yeah.