c h a p t e r s e v e n: promise

i gently smile at finn. "feeling better?" i ask, sitting at the edge of the bed. he slightly nodded and i smiled. it was good he was getting better.

"need anything?" i said, standing up against the doorway. finn nodded and patted at the bed, signalling for me to sit next to him.

"i've been thinking a lot about some stuff..." he started. i began to get nervous. he kept shifting, like if he was also nervous. sometimes he'd look away and then look at me, that was cute.

he seemed to choke on his words, unable to spit them out. he glared at my hand and took it, pulling me closer to him. he pressed his lips against mine and let his eyes flutter close.

it was longer than the others. but not much, the others were just a peck on the lips.

"i love you, ___________" his words rolled off his tongue swiftly like acid, like if he's been trying to tell something he couldn't, but he did. i smile, putting a strand of hair behind my ear. "i love you too, finn." i let my head fall on his.

"get some rest." i said, standing up once again from the bed. before i could walk away, finn grabbed my hand.

"please stay." he sighs, fiddling with his fingers. i furrow my eyebrows and lay down next to him.

i play with his hand. "please promise me." he starts. i look over at him with confusion. "promise me you won't hurt yourself anymore." he points at my wrist. he puts his hand on my cheek. "please." he whispers.

i slightly nod. "i promise." i smiled, our pinkies laced together.

but promises are meant to be broken.

---

a/n: oh shit thats edgy but oh well,, im mad at my maths teacher bc we were supposed to party today while thE OTHER CLASSES DID BUT NOO WE HAD TO DO EXAM PRACTICE btw filler chapter ;)