-5-

CAMILA

I'm not sure how much time I spent sitting in Lauren's lap, wrapped around her with my head resting on her shoulder. But it was enough time for my eyes to get droopy and the way her fingers trail up and down my spine nearly lulling me to sleep.

But then Lauren's saying "move in with me," and now I'm completely awake.

"What?"

I pull away to look at her and I can feel her arms tighten around me.

"Wait, fuck. That came out wrong," she sputters frantically. "I meant stay with me."

All I can manage to do is stare with my mouth hanging open and I kind of want to cry again.

"Baby, I can't," my voice is gravelly and near desperate.

"Shit no, it keeps coming out wrong. I didn't mean-" Lauren's rushing her words with an urgency until I'm gently cupping her face. I will her to take a breath, touching my forehead to hers.

"Two more weeks til you go back to school, right?" She tries again and I cringe at the reminder.

"Yeah," I whisper.

"Okay," she sighs. "The rest of your two weeks, be with me."

It's such a simple request and I had every intention to do so anyways. But the reminder that she wants me to means everything to me.

I nod, placing a soft kiss to her lips. "Of course."

"Yeah?" she sounds surprised and I have to smile a little.

"Yeah, I wouldn't want to spend my time anywhere else."

"That's good. That's really good. Because same."

I bite my lip at how adorably Lauren is fumbling over her words. I'm about to lean in and kiss her again when my stomach very obnoxiously growls.

I'm smiling sheepishly as Lauren laughs.

"I guess you haven't had dinner?"

I shake my head no.

"So all you've have tonight is three glasses of wine?"

I shake my head no again, but much less convincing with the guilty look on my face.

"Let's go get you some food then. It shouldn't be too late," Lauren says as she grabs her phone and I hum in agreement.

A few moments later and she's just looking at me until finally speaking up.

"Camila, you kinda have to get off me."

"Oh! I'm still on top of- okay yeah. I'm getting up." With absolutely no grace, I scramble off of Lauren's lap and stand on legs that are much more wobbly than I remember. Strong hands steady me and I send Lauren a grateful smile before following her into the kitchen as she orders Chinese and I pour myself some water.

She's still on the phone when I finish my water so I stay silent but move closer, craving contact. As if sensing my hesitation, she reaches for me and I readily close the distance between us, my hands finding themselves around her waist and resting my head on her shoulder.

It occurs to me how much of a stark difference this all is, where I once wanted nothing to do with her and now all I want is feel everything with her.

We're standing in her kitchen while she orders dinner and I'm holding onto her with my lips softly pressed against her neck. When Lauren gets off the phone and kisses the top of my head, I can almost already feel the dread of leaving this behind.