Chapter 2

Marco landed on top of Janna, who landed on hot ash. Janna got up sending Marco face first into the blackness that was the floor. 

"Woah, a lava beach!" She exclaimed as put her hand over the red hot magma. "A living nightmare that everybody loves." She helped Marco up as they made their way to Toms' looming fortress in the distance.

Star laid back on her bed she kept trying to call Marco, but she knew it wouldn't work, the service was terrible in the underworld. Why hadn't she stopped them, how could she stop them. How could she do anything without her cru-best friend. She just sat there. She sighed, looking down at a picture of Oskar. He was dreamy, no doubt about it. And she thought she had a crush on him, she really did. But seeing him now...Glistening blue eyes and all, she could only think about Marco and how he was risking his life for her honor. She dragged her family's book out from under her bed. 

"Glossaryk." She said. "Um, yeah?" "Where's the spying spell?"

{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}

"So, um..." Marco started trying to make conversation. "When did you and Star start hanging out?" "Oh, I asked her about her magic and how it works and she was super nice and explained everything, I guess we've been friends ever since. Oh, and we got really close at the sleepover." "Oh yeah..." "Don't worry Marco, we're not going to talk about it any more." " Oh thank goodness!" Marco exclaimed. 

"What about you?" Janna inquired. "How did you guys become best friends?" Marco smiled as he thought about the day he had met Star. "We bonded over fighting monsters together." He said, thinking about kicking a giraffe creature in the neck. "Good times, good times." 

"What about you and you crush on Jackie?" Marco sighed. "Oh that... well... I've had a crush on her since the second grade." "Really!" Janna laughed. "You've made like zero progress." She continued laughing up a storm as they walked towards the dark fortress.

{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}

Meanwhile, Star was using a spell from Eclipsa's chapter called the All Seeing Eye. She cast the spell; "I summon the all seeing eye, reveal to me what was once hidden, unveil to me what is forbidden." A swirling vat of purple magic formed the picture of Janna and Marco walking through the underworld together talking about something, just then Janna began bursting out laughing while Marco rolled his eyes in frustration. They were fine, Marco was fine, everything was fine. What was she so paranoid about? Tom never killed anybody in his life, though he threatened to do so. Tom couldn't kill someone if he tried. But he has tortured, he has hurt. And she just couldn't stand the thought of Tom hurting Marco. She closed the image and sat on her bed.

{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}

As Janna's laughter died down she saw the look on Marco's face. She felt bad for making fun of him seeing him now. 

"Look Marco, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." "Its fine." Marco answered. But Janna had grown up in a dark place. The ability to tell if someone is lying is crucial there. And Marco was definitely lying. "Don't feel bad Marco, everybody's got something embarrassing like that...like...I may have at one point..." Janna sighed. "...had a crush on you." 

"WHAT!? REALLY??" Marco exclaimed, surprised. "Yeah, but not anymore." "How come you didn't tell me?" "We weren't friends." Janna explained. "And you didn't notice me any way...nobody did." Janna was sad. Marco saw it clear as day, he was going to make a joke out of the whole thing, but decided to be honest instead. 

"But I did notice you Janna, so did everybody else." Janna's head perked up. "Really." "Yeah. You were cool, everybody was just scared of you. You're pretty intimidating, Janna, and everybody knows so." Janna looked at him closely, for even a tiny hint of dishonesty. There was none. He was speaking from his heart. They stopped walking for a second, Janna hugged Marco softly, then pulled her self away and smiled at him. "Thanks." She said, and they made their way to the castle.

{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}

Star was getting desperate and was pushing through her secrets closet. But the only thing she found that was any good was her magic music box. It played the song that you were feeling inside you. The box could make you cry, make you laugh, it could even give you the uncontrollable urge to dance. She twisted the nob and let it go. Two figures, one in a pink ball gown, one in a tux and mask and sombrero. They were dancing together to a song, under a bright red light. A familiar song played as figures went round and round. Soft tears rolled down her cheeks as she slowly drifted to sleep.

{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}

Janna and Marco had reached the entrance to Toms fortress. 

"Ladies first." Janna said. Marco pulled open the large thick door. They walked through the gates and down the halls, and whenever they came across one of Toms' minions Marco used his Karate skills to knock them out while Janna goggled over all the strange creatures. Finally they reached Toms lair on the top floor. When Tom saw them he immediately left his game of Dance Dance Revolution to meet his 'guests.' 

"How dare you show your miserable face at my home!" Tom raged. "You will pay, Marco Diaz." Just then Janna walked in, and Toms gaze softened as his eyes landed on her. 

"Who's this?" Tom asked angrily, sending a hard cold stare to Marco. "Her?" Marco said. "That's Janna." Tom focused back on Marco. "Why have you come here?" Marco straightened up. "We are here to ask you to leave Star alone...or else." 

"Or else, what?" Tom demanded, pure fury burning in his eyes. Marco flipped around and kicked him in the eye. Hot flames spurted out of the ground. Tom glanced at Janna, and he felt his heart soften. Using all his strength he made a fiery portal and sent Marco back to Earth instead of torturing him like he was going to. Janna stood scared and Tom, who had used all strength to make the portal, collapsed onto the floor.

{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}~{><}

Marco had zipped back to Stars' room still perfectly safe. He saw a red light emitting from Stars secret closet, and he opened the door to find Star asleep on the floor. The music box had stopped playing and he didn't realize what it was as he closed it and set it aside. He scooped up Star and tucked her into bed. As Marco looked at Star asleep on the bed, a strange new emotion whirled inside him. Ignoring the feeling he went to bed, so much had happened, but he knew Janna would be safe, he had seen the way Tom looked at Janna. Tom had no intentions of hurting her. Marco laid in his bed drifting off to sleep.