Chapter 3

Alvin's P.O.V.

I grunted as I leaned against the wall by the lunchroom. This was not exactly what I wanted as a punishment, but I guess it's better than detention. At least when I got home, Dave wouldn't be yelling at me for getting in trouble. That was a perk. I guess the real downside to this whole thing is whether or not this new kid will be annoying.

As I kept standing there, I just observed the students that would walk past me to get into the lunch room. Some of them snickered since they knew what the principal had ordered me to do, and some of them just took a small glance in my direction, then turned their direction to something or someone else.

Sighing, I then looked at the ceiling, now just thinking of what to do while I wait for the new student to arrive. I didn't even know anything about him, and I was already getting impatient. How long did it take to get here? Or even to this school?

I guess he could live farther away then I did, so I'd give him that. Or maybe he can't exactly find the cafeteria.

"Um... Alvin Seville?"

Blinking, I lowered my head til I was in eye contact with a male chipmunk. My eyes widened a little as I just stared at him.

The chipmunk had darker fur than mine, he wore dark blue jeans, black sneakers, a black hoodie, and wore a black cap that was similar to my own atop his head. But the aspect of him that stuck out the most to me was his bright red eye.

"Uh, hello?"

Shaking my head, I blinked once more to snap myself out of it.

"Sorry. Are you the new kid?"

As the boy nodded, he stuck out his towards me. I just simply smiled and placed my hand in his own, shaking it in a friendly gesture. But once my hand made contact with his, I felt butterflies in my stomach and my heart started racing.

As we retracted our hands, I quickly cleared my throat and fixed my hat. "I'm Alvin."

The chipmunk smiled and crossed his arms. "Slade. Slade Smith."

"Nice to meet you."

"You too, so are you going to show me around or what?"

"Yeah," I started. "I am. Where do you want to start?"

"How bout the cafeteria?"

Nodding, I then opened the door.

As we walked in side by side, I could feel my cheeks heating up.