Chapter 4

Alvin's P.O.V.

Sitting down, I pulled out my lunch box and licked my lips as I saw what was in front of me. Picking up my food, I was about to take a bite, until I looked to my right and saw Slade just sitting there with his head in his hands, looking at my food.

I then put my food down and turned my full attention to him. "What's the matter?"

Sighing, Slade looked at me. "I don't have any money, and I'm just really hungry."

"Oh," I stated, staring down at my food. After a minute, I smiled and pushed my plate to him.

Slade looked at the plate of food in front of him, and then at me, a confused expression spreading across his face. "Who's this for?"

I chuckled and gently nudged him with my shoulder. "It's for you, silly. Who else would it be for?"

Slade chuckled nervously, then shrugged. "I don't know. But, thank you."

Nodding, I then turned back to what food I had left and started eating it.

~~~

After lunch, I led Slade through the hallway, showing him where all his classes were that were on his schedule.

"So Alvin," Slade started, catching my attention. "Are you dating anyone?"

"Um... not trying to be rude," I started, "but why would you ask me that?"

Slade just shrugged as he looked around, taking in every detail that the hallway contained.

"I don't know... curious, I guess?"

Sighing, I glanced down at my moving feet as we continued along. "No, I'm not. I mean, I was dating someone, but they cheated on me..."

"Oh... I'm sorry to hear that, Alvin. I didn't mean to touch such a sensitive subject."

"No, it's okay, Slade. I guess he was just using me. Everyone seems to."

"I won't."

"What?" I looked at Slade confused, and in return, he looked at me and nodded.

"I won't use you for a nefarious reason."

A smile crept onto my face as I rubbed my arm nervously. "That means a lot to me Slade... thank you."

As he nodded, I suddenly fell to the ground after running into someone.

"Alvin, are you okay?" Slade asked, looking down at me.

"Yeah, I think so-"

"Watch where you're going, idiot."

Looking up, I grunted at who I saw.