Part Four~

Just then, Legolas entered the room and bowed slightly. "Adar, who exactly is this girl? Why did she kill Arìon?"

"She is a human who does not have a home, so she says. The reason she killed Arìon was, as she claims, self-defense. Does that answer your question, Legolas?" The king answered, no longer frustrated.

Legolas thought for a moment, "Did she tell you her true name? She was lying to the healer when I was there." He smirked.

"She did. She said it was Faelwen." replied the king. "Any more questions?"

"No. Thank you." Legolas turned to go, but stopped, "Who do you have assigned to guard her?"

"I will let you decide that if you want. Otherwise let Melhonin know that he is to do it." Replied Thranduil.

"Melhonin can. It does not matter to me. I will go inform him." Legolas took his leave and left the throne room.

Quickly finding Melhonin, he alerted the guard of his king's wishes. Melhonin bowed his head. "Yes, my lord Legolas." He left to go watch the prisoner.

In the dark cell, Faelwen climbed onto the stone bench and rested her head against the wall. Mentally, she began planning her escape. She needed to get away from these foolish elves.

Melhonin sat down on the floor next to the cell and sighed. Faelwen looked over, uninterested. "So, the high and mighty king of yours decided you were to watch me?" She inwardly laughed, 'Well I feel bad for you.'

He smiled at her, "Yes. He did. Why..." He hesitated, "why did you kill Arìon?" He asked.

"I didn't mean to kill him. Just injure." She stated, truthfully.

"Why would you want to injure him?" Melhonin asked.

She looked at him like he was completely dull, "Um...to escape...? Obviously..."

"Thranduil is only doing what he deems best." He told her.

"And I was only doing what I deemed was best." Faelwen added.

"I'm sure you were." Melhonin agreed.

"So...what's your name?" She looked apprehensively towards Melhonin, half expecting silence.

"Melhonin." He answered, "What is yours?"

She raised an eyebrow, slightly surprised, "Faelwen." She added simply.

Melhonin smiled at her, "How old are you?" He asked her kindly.

"Why do you want to know?" She asked sharply.

"I'm just wondering." He told her.

"Nineteen. I'll be twenty in a couple of months." Faelwen rubbed her hands to rid them of a slight chill. The dungeon certainly wasn't warm and since elves aren't effected by the cold like humans, it seemed worse to Faelwen. Melhonin leaned his head back on the wall.

Suddenly, Faelwen piped up shyly, "What's gonna happen to me?"

"I am not sure. The king is angry, but I do not think he will do something brash." Melhonin told her, "he may just leave you in here until you tell him why you were in the forest."

She huffed, "But I already told him why!" Faelwen tried to keep the frustration out of her voice, but failed. "Honestly, that stupid...despicable king...ugh!" She ended her rant with her head in her gloved hands.

"Maybe he doesn't believe you." Melhonin suggested. She didn't answer, but looked down at her lap. Her clothes were dirty and her pants were covered in blood, but to her mind they were perfect. She had worked hard for the garments.

"I overheard," Melhonin started, "that you said you had no home. Is that true?" He asked.

She looked up and gazed at him, "Yes..." She answered, somewhat cautiously.

"So...you just travel around?" Melhonin asked.

"Well, not exactly. I don't have a home, but I do have a place to stay." Faelwen half smiled, "You know, I thought all elves to be like your despicable king, but you are nothing like him. You are actually...kind."

Melhonin smiled, "Thank you." Then he grinned, "I believe Thranduil did overlook something. Where do you stay?"

Faelwen froze, he was asking these questions to tell that king! She hardened her features, "It's none of your business." She bit back, suddenly angry.

Melhonin looked taken aback, "I did not mean to pry. I am sorry."

Faelwen softened her features slightly, "It's fine. I shouldn't have snapped. You are the only one was has even been remotely nice to me." She admitted. "It is a nice change."

"It's alright." Melhonin said, "I understand that you just wish to be on your way."

"Well I guess I don't really deserve it...I did kill one of your kind..." Faelwen sighed.

"It was a mistake you did make, but I trust you in your saying it was an accident." Melhonin smiled, "We all deserve second chances. I will try to get the king to release you. I can see no reason he needs you."

She smiled gratefully, "Thank you so much."

Melhonin pressed his hand to his chest and back out, "You are welcome." Faelwen readjusted and closed her eyes, ending their conversation. Shortly after, her breathing evened out, indicating she was asleep.

Melhonin closed his eyes and leaned on the hard stone wall. 'I will talk to the king tomorrow.' He decided.

Hello once again!

Note*
This story was written by me, Evara, and Aris. We each wrote for certain characters.

if you enjoyed this chapter...then please vote, comment, or follow! Thank you all so much! We really appreciate it!!!!! <3

Credits:
Melhonin-Evara
Thranduil-Aris
Tauriel-Evara
Legolas-Ithildae
Crÿthian-Aris
Random elves-Ithildae, Aris, and Evara