Part Eight~

Melhonin rushed to Faelwen's side. "No, Faelwen!" He cried, "Get a healer!" Faelwen gasped for breath. Suddenly, her breathing had become extremely labored as her body worked hard to keep her alive.

Crÿthian hurried to the healers and exclaimed, "Come quick! Faelwen needs immediate attention! She was shot with an arrow!" With that, Crÿthian ran off, followed by the healers, who were carrying the herb for the wound.

Melhonin put Faelwen's head in his lap. "It's gonna be okay." He told her, tears in his eyes. "You're gonna be okay."

Faelwen struggled to speak, "Wh...why are...y-you...helping me?" Blood covered her clothes and covered Melhonin's hands as he tried to stop the bleeding.

"Because you are my friend." He said softly.

"B-but...I hurt you..." Tears streaked down her face, mixing with grime and dirt.

"You were just trying to escape." A single tear fell from Melhonin's eye. Faelwen smiled painstakingly. Then, she closed her eyes, suddenly tired.

"Don't go." He whispered.

"Take her to the house of the healers. As soon as she is well, take her to the prison." With that, Thranduil turned and left for the throne room. Faelwen barely understood the king's words before she faded into unconsciousness.

During the chaos, Legolas had returned from the forest and had arrived just in time to watch the action. When the crowd had dispersed, Legolas walked over to Melhonin. He bent down, "Here, let me help you lift her." He offered kindly.

"Thank you." Melhonin answered. They both picked up the unconscious girl and gently carried her to the healers.

The elves worked vigorously for several hours, doing their best to keep her alive.

When one of the healers came before the king, she brought the news of their guest.

The healer, Marowęn, bowed respectfully towards the king, "Your majesty, I have brought news of the human girl, Faelwen."

"What is the news?" Thranduil asked.

"She has...barely survived, my lord. The girl is incredibly weak, but will live. She has just awoken."

"Keep her in the healers room tied down. When she is better, and doesn't need to be helped, then take her to the dungeons. Call Tauriel. I need to rethink the dungeon system. You are dismissed." Thranduil then put on his thinking face, indicating that the conversation was over.

Marowęn's jaw practically dropped, "But My lord, we aren't going to let her leave?"

"No. Why would I?" Thranduils questioning eyebrow was lifted.

Marowęn collected her thoughts, "Well, she has been through so much. She is so young...with all due respect, I do not think she is a danger to our realm, your majesty."

"I don't care. I want to know what she was doing. Once she does, then I will consider letting her go. I want to hear no more about this. Understand?" The King turned around and started to walk out.

"Yes, your majesty." Marowęn bowed and headed back to the healing room.

After a little over a week, Faelwen awoke. She was very disorientated at first, but after patience from the healers, the girl calmed. Marowęn regretfully explained what the king had ordered.

"I'm afraid he will not budge on the issue, my dear." Marowęn apologized.

Faelwen nodded, "I will go to him then, if you will help me."

Melhonin came forward from the shadows. Faelwen had not realized he was there.
"Here." Melhonin said and supported her with his shoulder. Together, they made their way to Thranduil.

She turned to him before the came to their destination, "Melhonin, I just want to say...well...thank you so much for helping me...and not giving up on me." She gently leaned up and placed a quick kiss on his cheek. "You are the reason I am alive today." She brought forth a genuine smile.

Melhonin's cheeks flushed red slightly before he answered. "You are very welcome." He smiled back.

Soon, they came before Thranduil. Melhonin helped Faelwen bow respectfully before the king and waited for him to speak.

"It's a pitty you keep you trying to escape. You will never get out of here, Faelwen. Now, I can let you go if you tell me what I want. What is your business, passing through Mirkwood?" Thranduil was tired of this conversation of which he had asked this question two or three times already.

Melhonin looked up. "My lord? Did you not say she could be released?" He asked.

"No, I didn't." The king looked tired.

"She could have killed Tauriel and escaped!" He pointed out, "but you said that she could leave."

Faelwen held back a smart aleck response and tried to answer calmly, "I know that I have been much trouble for you, but coming so close to death has taught me many things. I will tell you what you want to know. For it is no longer who I am."

Melhonin looked at Faelwen.
"Are you sure?" He asked cautiously.

She nodded slowly, "I am sure." The King raised an eyebrow. Melhonin nodded and fell silent. Faelwen drew a deep breath and collected her thoughts, "A couple weeks ago, a man approached me and offered me a job. Now, I am a wanderer or a more correct term, vagabond. So, I go around looking for odd jobs to stay alive and survive. This man told me that he knew someone who would pay a steep price for information. He told me he would pay for me to sneak into the Woodland realm, your realm, and...well...spy and report information on it." She swallowed slowly, "My true intentions were to spy, but let me assure you...I have changed." She tried to stand up straighter, with Melhonin's help and continued, "The real reason I have told you this is so you will trust me. With your acceptance, I would like to stay here and work for you. I do not wish to go back to that life. I could train and maybe help out with your royal guard..." Melhonin looked at Thranduil, wondering what the king would say.

"As you probably can understand, I can't let you be my royal guard right away. I don't trust you. But, I will let you train, and in time, who knows? I might decide to trust you. So, for now, you will train under Prince Legolas. It will be a different time than when he is training Crÿthian, though." Thranduil looked at Faelwen, trying to surmise her.

Faelwen nodded, "Thank you...sir."

"Now. You are all dismissed." Thranduil ordered, "Melhonin, take her back to the healing room until she is well enough to be on her own."

"Yes, my lord." Melhonin obeyed and supported Faelwen with his shoulder.

Over time, Faelwen began to fit in well. Although she was human, no one looked at her differently. The elves forgave her graciously and soon she started her training. She learned swiftly, using her past fighting skills as a thief and learning more as well. She had been accepted into the Woodland Realm.

~The End~

Hello once again! This is the final chapter of this story! We are very appreciative of all you readers or there! ;)

Note*
This story was written by me, Evara, and Aris. We each wrote for certain characters.

if you enjoyed this chapter, then please vote, comment, or follow! Thank you all so much! We really appreciate it!!!!!

Credits:
Thranduil-Aris
Melhonin-Evara
Tauriel-Evara
Legolas-Ithildae
Crÿthian-Aris
Random elves-Ithildae, Aris, and Evara BananaBam03

Thanks again to you all!!!

Ithildae, Evara, and Aris