•Three•

^Random dude^

An hour later, when Evelynn had gone, Arlo woke up. He looked around the room, confused at first, but then the confusion cleared, and he remembered how he got to where he was.

A second later, the door swung open and a person in a black mask crept in. He looked around, and satisfied it was empty except for Arlo, walked forward.

The stranger pulled off the blanket covering Arlo's stomach and stared at the wound.

"Who are you?" Arlo asked, shivering from the cold. The person didn't answer, but only cocked its head before latching one of its gloved fingers underneath Arlo's stitches. Then, the person yanked, ripping the neat line of stitches right off his stomach.

Arlo screamed, pulling on the straps. Then he passed out as the pain overwhelmed him. The figure didn't miss a step and reached its hand into Arlo's stomach. After a minute of feeling around, the person pulled its hand out, now covered in blood. The person slammed its fist down on the table by Arlo's head in frustration.

A few minutes later, Arlo became conscious. He looked around the room, and his eyes rested on the stranger, who
was watching him. "Who are you, and what do you want?" Arlo asked weakly.

"Where is the hard drive?" The stranger demanded.

"They have it. I was unconscious when they took it out." Arlo said.

The stranger seemed to believe him, "What is in the drive?"

"I don't know. The person who gave it to me didn't tell me." Arlo replied, feeling weaker as the blood continued to flow out of him. "I just wanted the money."

The stranger chuckled softly, "I can understand that. Here..." The stranger pulled the straps off Arlo's wrists and ankles, "You can come with me if you want." He said as he handed Arlo a towel he had found.

Arlo grabbed the towel, and started pressing it against the wound. "Lead the way."

The stranger, that Arlo figured out was a man, walked out the door. He swiftly headed along the dimly lit hallway with Arlo right behind.

"I think it's this way." He pointed to another hallway with a door at the end.

Once the door was pushed open, sunlight poured in. The man and Arlo didn't hesitate to walk out.

The surroundings were mostly bare, dry desert with several cacti spread out amongst the rocks. It was truly a wasteland.

The two men and barely taken two steps when a loud voice called to them. "Freeze. Make one move and I'll blast you both to smithereens."

Arlo froze, cursing under his breath. 'The stranger knew this would happen,' Arlo thought to himself. 'He was trying to get information from me.' Arlo cursed again.

The man also froze and raised his hands in the air. After a moment, several guards with guns came out the door and pushed the two men to the ground, tying their hands together and trying to contain them.

Arlo sighed. It was almost worth the effort, except for the fact that his wound had not entirely healed. His head started to spin, and Arlo began to start staggering.

The guards hauled the men up and dragged them back into the building roughly. Back through the dark hallways until Arlo and two of the guards stopped at his room. Evelynne was there already, hands on her hips and an unhappy expression across her face.

The guards roughly tied Arlo back to the table and left without another word.

When all was quiet once again, Evelynne came nearer, "Why did you do that?" She asked softly.

"Why wouldn't I?" Arlo retorted, then calmed down. "I assume that was all a set up." he said, glancing at Evelynn's face.

She looked confused, "What was? Your escape?" She shook her head, "How would that be a set up? You actually think we hired that guy to ruin the work I did on your stomach and help you escape?" Evelynne smirked, "You really are stupid."

Arlo looked away. "I thought that you hired him to...um, well..." he stuttered, "to...um, try to get information, maybe."

Evelynne snorted, "Well I can assure you, if I wanted information, I wouldn't do it that way. But, thanks to your little stunt I won't be caring for you anymore. Someone else will."

"You think it was my idea?" Arlo asked incredulously.

"Oh I don't care that I'm being moved, but you will. My replacement won't be as nice as I am."

Arlo sighed. "You don't understand! I don't know who that guy is. Honest! I don't understand why you seem to think that I was aware of it, but I wasn't!"

Evelynne sighed, "I understand perfectly well. That doesn't change the fact that my superiors don't think I'm qualified to watch you." She rolled her eyes, "Whatever. Goodbye. Have fun with Domin." Evelynne began walking towards the door.

Arlo sighed. "Thanks," then muttered to himself, "I guess."