•Eight•

^Arlo's Informative^

The man let out a quiet groan, but didn't move or open his eyes. Arlo ignored the man, and looked around the room. It was exactly identical to the one he had been held in. As he continued to look around the room, his eyes tested on the medical table. He walked over to it looked at the different tools that lay in front them. Most of the items were the same as Evelynne had used on him, but there were several other items unique to Arlo. All of which were different knives.

"W-wha...is..." The man in the corner struggled to speak, "...go...ing...on..." His voice barely rose over a whisper and Arlo almost didn't catch what he said.

"I don't know," Arlo said. He picked up one of the knives and examined it.

The man fell silent for a while, seemingly to consider Arlo's words.

When he did speak, his voice was a little stronger, "C-ca...nn...you unlock...thee...se?" He jiggled his wrists slightly, causing the heavy chains to clank.

"Maybe," Arlo said, but made no move to help him.

"What...are you w-waiting...for..."

"I'm not waiting for anything." Arlo replied evenly.

"Just do it then...and...maybe we can s-still escape."

"I don't think so. They have a lot of security. Plus, how do I know that your not working for them, and that this is another of their stupid tests?" Arlo said icily.

The man looked at Arlo, confused, "Tests? What do you mean? What did they...tell you?" He demanded.

"Why should I tell you?" Arlo shot back, letting his frustration loose.

"Calm...down, mate. I was just trying to understand what happened to...you..." He paused as his a new wave of pain washed over his body, "I...helped you. It is only...polite to return the favor." He bit out between his clenched teeth.

Arlo snorted. "You tried," he said, putting an emphasis on tried, "and all it brought me was punishment and more pain, so I don't think you really deserve my help." Arlo cocked his head back thoughtfully, then looked at the man and said, a cruel smile playing on his lips, "Plus, you caused me pain yourself by ripping the stitches out of me, just to find something out."

The man's eyes widened as he realized that Arlo had no intent to help him. He also realized that he was at the mercy of Arlo, being bound to the wall and weak. "Look, I had no idea we wouldn't make it. And to be...honest...I'm sorry I hurt you. Okay? N-no need to hold a grudge."

Arlo laughed. "Ha! It's far to late for buttering up." Arlo walked closer to the man, the knife still in his hand. "What's your name?"

"We're you with them the whole time?" The man asked in disbelief, dodging the question.

Arlo just looked at him for a few seconds then said, "Answer my question first."

The man finally sighed, "Alack. My name's Alack."

"Alright then, Alack. Who sent you?"

"I can't tell you." Alack replied shortly.

"Why not?"

"Because you don't need to know." Alack snapped back, obviously having given up any ideas of appeasing Arlo.

"If you won't tell me when I ask nicely, then I'll just have to get it from you the hard way." Arlo grabbed a piece of cloth from the tool table, then walked over to Alack and crouched down, still staying on his toes. He looked at the knife, then back at the man. Quick as a snake, Arlo plunged the dagger into the man's thigh and brought it out. "How does that feel?" he asked poisonously.

Alack cried out as his body instinctively tried to pull away from the pain. "Are you crazy, man?" He shouted in disbelief.

Arlo cocked his head back, and then replied, "Yes, I believe I am." He tied the cloth around the wound then with an evil grin on his face, he explained, "Don't want you dying, cause then I'd be in trouble. I will repeat my question. Who sent you?"

"You're working for those insane people, aren't you!" Alack accused.

"Yes, I am. But as far as you're concerned..." Arlo left the sentence hanging for a couple seconds. "This is the last time I will ask you the question before I hurt you again. Who sent you?"

"You can keep asking all you want..." Alack paused as his shoulder burned with renewed pain, "b-but I won't tell...you!"

"Fine. Since I don't want you dying, I'll ask you tomorrow and we'll see if you feel like telling me then." A humorless grin spread over his face.

Alack grimaced, "You are sick." He muttered.

"Not bad, Arlo." A voice behind him said.

Arlo spun around towards the voice.

"I'm your informative for your mission." The man explained, noticing Arlo's startled and confused expression, "And I am quite pleased with why I have seen. However, we have already found out everything we need to know about him."

Arlo loosened the grip on his knife a little. "What is it?"

"Instead, you have been brought here for one thing. In order to be completely ready for your mission, we need you to terminate him."

Arlo sighed. 'Not this again', he thought. 'This time, though, I will kill him,' "Why?"

"I gave you your orders. Now do them." The man ordered impassively.

"Fine." Arlo steeled his gaze, walked over to the man, and stabbed him through the heart. Immediately, the life left Alack's eyes and he went limp. Arlo pulled the knife out, dripping with blood, and walked back to the man.

Arlo noticed a hint of surprise in the man's eyes, but his overall expression remained stoic. "Very good. I had expected more resistance like last time. What made you change your mind?"

"He needed to pay for the pain I suffered because of him," Arlo said, the bitterness obvious in his voice.

"Well, good to know that it wasn't too hard for you then..." The man considered, more to himself than Arlo, "Anyways, let's get on with this, shall we? There is a dictator in Dubai that has recently discovered an important artifact. We want you to recover it. We cannot send any other of our own men due to the fact that they would be recognized." The man handed him a Manila folder, "Here, this is all the information you will need. I will be back tomorrow to finish getting you ready." The man finished before giving Alack's body one more glance and leaving.

Arlo went to a corner and sat down. He read all of the files before going over to the medical table and grabbing another cloth and wiping the blade clean. Arlo glanced at Alack's body. He started to feel regret, then shook his head to clear it as he remembered the pain he had felt when Alack ripped the stitches out of his stomach. He deserved what he got. Arlo unconsciously touched his stomach where the stitches were and shuddered. He looked over the files again, and then set them down. He once again looked at the dead man's body and felt no remorse for what he had done. With that in his mind, he fell asleep, exhausted from the days without sleep.