•Nine•

^Arlo's Car (imagine it rusty)^

The next morning, the same man Arlo talked to brought him to another room where he gave him new clothes, some weapons, and other gadgets. He left after telling Arlo to change. Arlo hurriedly got changed, then inspected the weapons. The inventory consisted of a pistol with a silencer attached, a hunting blade and case, and a short wave radio.

As he inspected them, someone came up behind him, "So wonderful to see you again." The person said sarcastically. It was Evelynne.

Arlo grunted. He picked up the hunting blade and tested the weight. It was perfectly balanced so that throwing it wouldn't be a problem. He set the knife down and picked up the case. He inspected it for a couple seconds, then set that down and picked up the gun.

"Come now, Arlo. Be a good boy and lay down on that table over there. My boss wants me to make sure your stitches will hold." Evelynne waited expectantly.

'I really hate that table,' Arlo thought. He complied, even though it was against his inner wishes.

Evelynne pulled up his new shirt and rubbed her fingers along the near line of stitches. She felt each end to make sure it was secure before pulling his shirt back down. "You can get up. I'm done." She informed curtly.

"Thank you for your permission," Arlo said, sarcasm obvious in his voice.

"Oh you are quite welcome." Evelynne responded shortly. She turned away from him and began to leave.

Arlo sat up, but stayed where he was. He watched as Evelynne walked out, closing the door behind her. Arlo pulled up his shirt and looked at the stitches. They looked pretty good, except that they hurt now because of Evelynne's probing.

"How's it holding up?" Arlo's informative entered quietly.

Arlo quickly pulled his shirt back down. "It fine," he said as he stood up and at attention, hands behind his back. "When do I leave sir?"

"Right now. Grab your weapons and follow me." Arlo obediently picked his weapons up, tucking the gun behind his back. He followed the man, taking one glance at the body laying on the floor.

They walked solemnly through the halls once again, until they came to a garage of sorts. However, it only housed one vehicle.

Arlo frowned when he saw it. It was a drab gray with rust collecting around the bottom. It didn't look very stable to Arlo's eyes. He glanced at the man to see what to do next.

"You have the folder with all the information you need." The man handed Arlo a set of keys, "These are for the car. We will be keeping an eye on you so don't screw up."

Arlo took the keys and tuned towards the car. As soon as his back was facing the man, he rolled his eyes. Whatever, Arlo thought. He opened the car door an slid in. "Any last minute details I need to know about the mission, like how much security they have? Or is that in the folder too?"

"Good luck." And with that, the man left the garage, not answering Arlo's question.

Arlo sighed and closed the car door. He started the car and drove toward his destination.