Dead?

Sasuke's POV

I was waiting in the waiting room in the hospital for Tsunade to tell me if they were okay.

A few moments before~

I was walking home from work, minding my own business until I see the most horrid thing in my life. My wife and son were hemorrhaging. I quickly ran them to the hospital hoping that I got there on time.

Present time~

Tsunade walked out of her room and sat down next to me. "Hey. How are you holding?" She asked. "I'm a little shaky. Just waiting to hear that they're okay. That's all." I replied.

"Well, I'm still waiting for backup. I need others to help me repair any damaged tissue and blood vessels, and to stop the bleeding. Then I will be able to test them to make sure they're okay, but until then, you're just going to have to wait."

I nodded. I only hoped they would be okay.

It felt like hours, waiting in the waiting room until finally, the backup had arrived. They told me to wait just a little bit longer. I just nodded.

Tsunade's POV

The medics finally arrived. "Help me stop the bleeding," I said. They all nodded and we got to work.

After we repaired the blood vessels, I got to work on their tests.

Multiple hours later~

It had seemed that Boruto was going to be okay. I just needed to give him a blood transplant since he had lost so much blood.

After the transplant, I checked on Naruto one more time just to be sure and hope that my calculations weren't correct.

Later~

My calculations were correct after all. I broke down into tears. I hadn't cried this much in years. I went to tell Sasuke.

Sasuke's POV

I saw Tsunade walk out. 'Finally. It's about time' I thought. "I'm sorry Sasuke, but you are about to hear the worst news of your life," Tsunade said.

Later that night~

I was lying on my bed. I couldn't sleep, not wanting to think about the news Tsunade had told me earlier, but sadly, my thoughts couldn't go away.

My mind kept rewinding itself to that thought.

Flashback~

"I'm so sorry Sasuke, but Naruto's dead." My heart stopped beating for that second which felt like minutes until I finally broke down to the floor and cried. 'Dead. How?'