Sideshow #18

• Dedicated to Hair Braiders

"Oh I so love this world." Twig said without hesitation, "And..."

"I know what you want to say. 'But a coffin isn't the most comfortable place for'-" Silk added helpfully.

"You get the idea. We all get the idea, and there's no need to... Ah, never mind." Twig laughed and rolled out of the dead box, "Plus, I love you too. Thanks."

Silk didn't even look at him. It was too big a threat to do so, especially when he was... You get the idea. Naked.

The faerie wasn't ashamed; no-one was around anyway except for them two alone in the basement, "So, I guess Twig the trunk is going to get dressed now?"

"Don't call yourself Twig the trunk or I'll call myself... Silk the Starfish." Silk had one of his arms over the side of his dark crimson-coloured coffin and his chin resting on his forearm.

"That sounds good." Twig had an unbelievable speed at putting on clothing (Probably training and very sad results)- he was buttoning with one of his hands and putting his pants on by now, "Actually, can I stay for your scramble egg?"

Silk snorted, "This is stupid. Everyone's saying that it's good and I don't even know how it tastes like. In a normal way, I mean."

"It burns down your throat. If only you can taste wine that way." Twig mimicked.

"It was a gazillion years ago! How could you remember that?" Silk jumped at the mention of burn, flushed and waved his fist around threating, although Twig doubted that it would be much harm.

"I am still jealous and I am not going to stop and forgive you now." Twig fumbled with his belt, "Damn it."

Silk's eyes widened, "You are catching up with the times."

"Yeah? How so?" Twig squinted.

"You swear so coolly now. A reminder that Lucas will be away after brunch." The vampire laughed. Then they both did.

"Then, I'll stay till after brunch. It's not like I have a lot to do, anyway." Twig stretched. It became a habit to put his left hand behind his ears after that. It had been some hundred of years of the history of long hair now, after all.

"I'll braid your hair, if you want." On the contrary, Silk was extremely slow. He was only standing up lazily, the silk sheets dropping away from his knees and making a big gapping hole where his body should have been.

"And as a deal, I'll help you to get your underwear on." Twig mocked, but after seeing the vampire's expression he held his hands up, "Okay, okay. But," He reminded him, "I want it in fishtail."

"Nice hair." Lucas talked through a mouthful of egg and a piece of morning newspaper.

"Thanks. How did you notice?" Twig asked, curiously.

They were sitting at the head of the dining table, only three seats out of thirty-two. Lucas was sitting at the end, which meant that he was the host and the highest (which probably was, if the age wasn't counted).

"It's not like I care who sits where," Silk came sat down opposite to Twig with a silver tray that had different-shaped wine glasses on it that held various scarlet liquid that probably represented eggs and bacons and perhaps a glass of milk like the tray in front of Lucas, "But I did cook the meal."

"Calm down." Twig grinned, his teeth magically clean of eggs and bacon stripes.

Both Silk and Twig found sitting opposite each other better than side-by-side; they could see each other's faces more clearly. And it wasn't like they don't have time to be close, anyway.

At least, plenty of it after brunch.