➾ Chapter Two

You were a lonely child. Your mother forced you to focus on piano every minute of everyday, and although you loved playing, it was depressing that it was all she cared about. Even when you had fallen ill with a virus, she continued to parade you around as the world's newest and greatest pianist. The only other thing she agreed to let you partake in was martial arts lessons to defend yourself--something you had given up only a few years ago because of touring.

Your father had never been in the picture and family was quite an anomaly for you because you truly never had one to begin with. Your mother died when you were nineteen from a car accident, so that was the end of whatever maternal relationship you had acquired.

You were sad and suffered from nightmares of the accident for a while and it affected your playing. Your music became deeper and more heart-wrenching to the audience, shooting your fame even higher than it had been, but that was never what you cared about because your fans were mostly made up of the rich and snobby or middle class people who won tickets from a radio show.

But you continued on because you loved it, and it led to you finding the man you loved hundreds of times more. You didn't think it was possible to have those feelings toward someone--you thought it was just something people falsely talked about, but you felt every tingle and rushing wave of emotion that transcended with being in love with another.

When you awakened one morning like you had the day after Mycroft left for Serbia, you feared that it was all a wonderful dream. Even when you looked around at the dark oak decor of what was once solely his bedroom, you questioned your sanity.

You showered and dressed for the day, then did you normal routine of practicing on the piano, watching television, eating, cleaning, and reading until the time arrived for you to leave for Mycroft's work office.

There was a car waiting for you when you walked out of the house and it took you straight to the government headquarters where you were escorted inside by your guards. You went on your own toward Mycroft's office, smiling at Athena on the way, and waltzing inside the room without knocking.

"Hello, Sherlock," you greeted joyously, stopping by his chair as he wiped the shaving cream off his face with a towel. "How are you?"

"Great, excluding the fact that my brother let me get beaten to a pulp as he watched," Sherlock told you, shooting Mycroft a smirk.

"We agreed not to tell her," Mycroft retorted calmly.

"My, I can't believe you!" you scolded, marching over to his desk and rounding it. "How could you let that happen?"

"Shouldn't you be more pleased with my being home safe than Sherlock's well-being?" he challenged.

You rolled your eyes. "I like Sherlock, for your information, and I care about whether he's injured or not. I know you do as well, but you're being an asshole about it."

Mycroft sighed, taking your hand and laying a tender kiss to the skin. "Apologies, my dear," he said.

"Oh, gag me," Sherlock scoffed. "That is the last thing I need to see after being tortured."

Mycroft leaned back in his chair and the two Holmes brothers discussed Sherlock's next move before Anthea interrupted to give Sherlock his clothing. He changed and started mumbling about seeing John and getting the band back together. You shared a knowing look with Mycroft as you both knew how the reunion would truly go down.

"John Watson," Sherlock finally said loud enough.

"What about him?" Mycroft asked.

"Have you seen him?"

"Yes, we go out every Friday for fish and chips," Mycroft sarcastically answered.

You stifled a laugh and nudged his shoulder in warning because you each knew what he would do to Sherlock once he realized his best friend was never dead.

Mycroft handed Sherlock a file across the desk. "I've been keeping tabs on him."

Sherlock opened and examined the photograph and pages with intrigue but also a wrinkled nose.

"We'll have to get rid of that," he muttered, closing and tossing the envelope back on the desk.

"We?" you mused.

"Yes, he looks ancient; I can't be seen wandering around with an old man," Sherlock insisted, then exited the room with Athena leading.

You hopped up on the side of the desk as the door closed and you snatched up one of the other files, which you had assumed to be regarding the terrorist attack, but it wasn't.

"Sherrinford?" you questioned, settling it back down. "Are we going again this weekend?"

"No, I'm going on Saturday just to check on things. I'll only be gone a few hours," Mycroft assured.

"Why can't I go?"

"Because it's only a quick inspection, nothing more. You will think it much more dull than usual," he promised.

"I never find it dull to visit Eurus," you replied. "I get you like to keep your work and personal lives separate, but I enjoy being apart of both."

Mycroft rested a hand on your thigh. "I'm aware of that, but this isn't something you will find interest in--it's just a stroll around the facility, then I'll be home for dinner."

"Fine," you said, defeated. "What about Sherlock and John? What are you planning for them?"

"Well, I will go to the flat to speak with Sherlock since it's apparent that John will be furious with him and I need to make sure Sherlock is focusing on this case."

You lowered your voice, saying, "The game is on."